Failing miserably to think of a witty post title (Zoë)

The Easter break has been good, if a little too short. Can you believe NSW gets three whole weeks? I did my assignments and caught up on my work, but also managed to spend a lot of time lying around on the lawn reading Stephen King. It was really nice just to be back at home, if only for a week. I got to see my dogs and my cat, which was awesome. I miss them so much at college. And I ate way too much chocolate. I say that every year after Easter, but I think this year I may have really outdone myself.

I just finished unpacking my room at college. It’s surprising – it really doesn’t feel like I’ve been away that much. Instead, it feels really normal, and, dare I say it, a bit like home. I’m feeling pretty positive about this second half of semester – I think now that I know the routines of college and uni, it’ll just be easier to really enjoy it. I’m planning to go and check out the comedy festival, which should be awesome.

Tomorrow morning I have my Biology mid-semester test. At 9 o’clock, of all times. That should be interesting, considering that’s about the time I’ve been getting up over the break. I’m pretty confident with my Biology, but I’m nervous about this test, because I heard that you get your grade right after you complete it, which scares me. I’d prefer just to forget about it and get the marks later when I’ve at least had a week to try and muster up some apathy.

I also have to hand in my first real assignment tomorrow, for Cinema Studies. I’m a bit nervous about that as well. I tried to do it as well as I could, but who knows what mark I’ll get. The fact that there’s no real way to tell where you stand in the class has probably been one of the more challenging differences from year 12. I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

In other news, my scholarship payment came through. Well, half of it did. I assume I get the other half next semester. It’s a bit concerning, cause now my bank account has $1000 more in it. I’m sure that the uni didn’t give me money to spend on DVDs and novelty t-shirts, but it’s tempting. Maybe I’ll just save it for that trip to America my sister and I have been dreaming about for years.

Hope everyone feels refreshed and ready to face another 6 weeks of university. I’m going back to my Stephen King while I don’t have to feel guilty about it. 🙂

4 thoughts on “Failing miserably to think of a witty post title (Zoë)

1. I also get the CLS scholarship, and generally you get half the total amount in semester one and the other half in semester two. The annoying thing is that it comes in after you’ve had to buy your books.. bleh.
    I take the following attitude towards that money – I have already scrimped and saved enough money to get all my books together in the past six weeks, the scholarship money is mine! So in all honesty, I spent some of it on some clothes that I desperately needed (like a coat), some things for my new apartment, some office/stationary supplies and the rest is going back to the university in a roundabout sort of way by paying for a VCA short course.

You’re in Cinema Studies? Intro to Hollywood and Art Cinema? If so, we’re in the same class!

2. What Stephen King are you reading? I’ve been reading the Dark Tower on-and-off, but I keep forgetting to finish it. I’m very easily distracted >_>

3. Johanna – yep, we are in the same cinema studies class! How are you finding it? I’m really enjoying it, although the films we watched today kinda freaked me out a little.

Q – I’m also reading the Dark Tower. I can understand how easy it would be to get distracted from it – it’s a pretty epic read in every sense of the word. At the moment it’s really sucked me in though and I’m loving it in a thinking-about-it-during-lectures kinda way.

4. Oh, I’m used to epic reads; my main problem is, I suppose, that the summer break decided to start right in the middle of me reading it. XD; So while I was very much into it then, I’ve fallen out of it and I probably need to restart the series, something that really annoys me.

Talking of books that suck you in, though, have you had the A Song of Ice and Fire experience? *obsessed*