Craigieburn

Yo this is awesome.

In the past when I went out I would either a) try to go somewhere close so that walking home (in a group of course) would be relatively easy b) come home early enough to be able to catch the last train at around 1ish (annoying!) c) fork out for a taxi (exxy after midnight!!)

I knew there was a Nightrider bus system, but never bothered looking into it really, because we have one here at home (Auckland) and it is the most expensive thing ever!

But I was browsing the HiFi website for upcoming gigs, and they have this handy page about transport to the venue. I decided to have a look at Metlink’s Nightrider page.

NightRider is a bus service that provides a safe, cheap alternative for late night travel home on the weekends. Buses travel from the city to Melbourne’s outer suburbs, departing every hour between 12.30am and 4.30am on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

NightRider has more than 300 stops along nine major routes to Bayswater/Belgrave, Craigieburn, Croydon, Dandenong, Eltham, Epping, Frankston/Mornington, St Albans/Melton and Werribee, so there are plenty of places to get on or off.

Special services also operate during the year to support major events in Melbourne such as the Australian Grand Prix and New Year’s Eve.

Use your Metcard on Nightrider from 2 March 2007

As of 2 March 2007, fares on the NightRider service have been slashed with the service becoming part of the Metcard ticketing system.

Customers who already have a valid Metcard ticket are able to take a NightRider bus at no extra cost.

NO EXTRA COST!!! Saweeeeeeeeeeeet!

I had a look at the map and for those of us College kids, we would wanna get the Craigieburn route which goes through Royal Parade, otherwise those who need to go through Lygon can get the Epping bus.

YUSSSSS!

4 thoughts on “Craigieburn

1. I agree, the Nightriders are awesome, cheap and convenient – what more could we ask for?!?!

2. There’s nothing better than the nightrider on early Sunday mornings – especially after watching the Wallabies’ triumphant victory at the Bledisloe Cup (I have this funny urge to make a sheep sound but shall refrain).

I actually just got off the nightrider -if you want real fun, try the Dandenong one when you get the chance, it makes for the best people-watching entertainment imaginable! Drunkard and social subculture galore.

“YUSSSSS”…You make me laugh 😛

PXW

3. Yeah the people watching is great until some guy vomits. I have had bad experiences on the nightrider.

4. I have never had the pleasure of taking the Nightrider bus. Something about the idea just freaks me out!