Rent Happyfeet!!!

Apologies for my absence of late, I recently got another job, and what with the impending doom of exams and all, haven’t had much spare time.  Thanks to good old coles group, I now have two jobs to support the social life I so desire, and a car of course (remember I do live in the burbs :P). 

Anyways, after finishing semester 1 on friday, I’m feeling quite befuddled (if thats a word) as to how the first half of the year has gone so fast.  It feels like I’ve only completed 1 term in highschool, not 1/6th of my degree already!  I got my first H1 the other day, (this isn’t as bad as it sounds, being a science student, I’ve only had 2 pieces of work assessed in this format, hence 50% of my work is H1 standard, hehe i wish) and was sufficiently wrapped at my ability to write a half-decent essay.  Studying is currently non-existent, its taken me ages to learn things the first time around, let alone re-learn and remember stuff from the start of semester.  My timetable is pretty good though, finish on the second thursday, leaving 5 weeks to earn some cash, get my license (finally), and party! 

Oh, one last thing: I have a question.  Can anyone tell me if things like the beaurepaire centre, union house and the libraries are open the usual hours during swot vac and exams, or do they go onto a special timetable.  I tried to look it up, but didn’t have much luck.  Because I think its probably a good idea if, even though it takes ages to get to uni, that I would be better off studying at uni, where there are far less distractions!   

Sorry folks, it’s a short blog from me today, but good luck to everyone studying for exams, be that for uni or vce! Don’t forget get to chill, and go to an eox (end of exams :P) party or two!!  Bye!

Note on the title: i borrowed happyfeet from the rowdy the other day, and have since been singing continuously (more than usual). For those who live under a rock, it’s about a tapdancing penguin misfit, who can’t sing.  It’s really cute, and is surprisingly pretty good at delivering a strong environmental message.  Therefore: Rent Happyfeet!

3 thoughts on “Rent Happyfeet!!!

1. I’m exactly the same with study, if I’m at home I always end up distracting myself, but if I’m at the library I’m forced to do work.
    As I’m sure you’ve worked out, the Baillieu is open very late (3am) and I think a few of the other ones are even open 24hrs (engineering at least). I like the stmosphere of studying at uni as well,especially in the basement of the Baillieu. There’s a bit of comraderie in that there are other people suffering along with you. I also like people falling asleep on the couches – makes me feel less guilty!

Hope you’re study went well and that you got some good hours in at the library and the gym!