Yay, I'm updating! [Daniel]

Oh man am I tired from the term. I cannot wait for next week to be over. Even though I am an Art’s student I’ve been so exhausted by just…. everything, talking especially. I don’t feel like the O-week introductions are over yet, I mean sure I know people in some lectures and in tutorials but then I’m always meeting someone new or meeting friends of friends or just making a good impression. So the 50 words or less first impressions are still being pelted out. As a side effect I’m very sociable to sales attendants.

However, mwhahwahahahah. I can also say that I’ve been tired from stripping paint… off the walls of my house. That’s right I’m painting the house albeit slowly but steadily. So hoorah for that. It’s pretty time consuming and manly, so I can make good conversations whilst boasting of my ability to do time consuming house chores to people, making my weekend’s surprisingly unique. Most peoples’ reply of “nothing much” will be blown away by the pure awesomness of activity and uniquity of the job. No one else in their right mind is doing it, so you get to look eccentric. So on weekends do crazy things that way your conversations will be at least 100 times more awesomer than nothing much.

Looking back on the all important uni everything is generally awesome for most of my subjects (H2H, Creative Writing, Jap, Infomatics (read programming). I’ve done all the assignments so far for each subject so I’m still looking good as a student (although at the same time I’m bringing the Art’s cred down due to doing the work a week or two beforehand). So yeah university life is great, but tiring in it’s existence. I swear those science students are sapping the strength from the art’s faculty in an effort to keep the Melbourne Model alive, through unholy ritual! (<-This is me expressing, very poorly that I wish to see the Melbourne Model play but ultimately forgot about it).

Oh now I know! I’m tired because of the lack of trains, trams and buses from uni, the use of my legs and the inclusion of thunder and lightening (very very frighten-ing). Today was what most people in Australia would want of a day, rainy, for Melburnians it was just plain Melbourne weather, which while awesomely bi-polar leaves you with a kinda dissatisfied feeling after any major temperature change. I mean in Queensland when it rains, it pours. Here rain is the equivalent of a leaky tap. So with the inclusion of a two hour storm/ one hour storm today, and lightening (which I was at least 50 meters away from) the trains stopped (keeping up Connex’s public image) and I walked down Sydney Rd. My feet hurt, but that’s ok.

Also here is a recommendation of a new show: “Lawrence Leung’s Choose your own Adventure,” it’s on ABC, watch it, it’s funny and local so therefore awesome. (You could dangerously, like I have apply this logic to the entirety of the ABC’s program lineup to only be disappointed by Parliamentary Question time, which when you were 5 was the lead up to Sesame Street and especially funny when the men in suits started yelling. Ok scratch that apply this logic to everything on the ABC.) It also reminds me of the entire point (for me) of uni, making your own track in the world, or generally “Choosing your own Adventure,” I mean woah, we or rather I’m 18 technically I can do whatever I want  (within the boundaries of social expectations, no pant’s parties) and so being an awesome writer, a chilled out random guy in a park reading a book, an exercise conscious runner, batman and/or even (do I dare to even cross the boundary) a political activist (eep) is all within my grasp.

Yet for some reason the more I grasp at one thing I want to be I lose the others (notably Batman but he’s no great loss) and feel sad about having to limit or narrow my choices. Sniff* no more Jack of all trades for me. Good thing I’m doing Art’s, I get to progressively narrow my choices down. A bit silly considering how much you gain from doing the things you want to do ….. except when doing everything you want to do is impossible and then you have to choose resulting in a civil war killing thousands over the benefits of Creative Writing. Oh well my own personal w(h)ineing. Feel satisfied in the knowledge you don’t have to do everything…. much like I’m not doing at the present moment.

Confession!

I love Creative Writing, and despise the Rowden Library’s choice to include half seasons of Angel. I HAD TO GO OUT AND RENT THE SECOND HALF. It’s a surprisingly good setup for addicting people to a series and then causing sadistic rapid withdrawal tendencies. Or in my case helpless addiction. Anyway Creative Writing is the best, people are awesome because they want to be there. Unlike some classes……. but I’m pointing a lot of fingers, reel back. Why do a course if you don’t want to contribute or actually do it? I swear discussion is the catalyst for learning because I always want to get started with Creative Writing, and or anything else I have a good discussion in. The brief, enjoy subjects, even if you’re mute!

Ok huff* puff* I think enough words for now. My place among blogging people should be assured and placated with this slavish text (which should be an enjoyable read, don’t hate me). So with that I bid thee Adieu.

Oh wait! Speaking of not being able to do things, the Pimp my Egg was on the other day … I had classes and a sick sister to go to. Get into the activities if you can they’re cool. Like next week. It’s Member’s week.

Adieu!  Ja ne!
Yoddeuss

2 thoughts on “Yay, I'm updating! [Daniel]

1. I LOVE CREATIVE WRITING TOO! IT’S AMAZING. Woo hoo feel the creative writing love lol. Did you enjoy your CD?
    I am also exhausted from this term… despite having accomplished very little. Or so it would seem… personally, I think having organised my socks into colour order is an achievement but let’s not go there ;P joking!

2. Oh man I really need to start replying to these responses, it’s just that I never realise they’re up unless I start going back through the webpage.
    There should really be some sort of update thing. Oh well, diligence is it’s own reward. Or something profound…. I’ll go reply some stuff to a more recent post, that way people will know I’ve said something!