Back to Sweden Dot Com (Olle)

I am thoroughly confused. Once again.

Christmas is coming coming up, and I walk around in shorts. I feel like a red lobster the moment I step outside. It’s times like these, that I hear the word “foreigner” and “tourist” come to mind. There is so much more to learn.

I can’t believe it’s almost been a year ago since I landed in Melbourne. Like a small dot in the world. I look back to see that even the smallest dot in the world can make a difference. I’ve learnt so much from being here, living in another country and all. I hope you will take the opportunity to do the same.

It’s amazing, come to think of it. All the dots coming together. Like those dotted diagrams they have in drawing books for children. I wonder what the image would be: a united globe? I wish.

I’d like to thank everyone for this wonderful opportunity. I know it’s going to sound cliche (I hate the fact Aussie keyboards don’t allow you to do the proper accent above the e) and perhaps a wee bit sad, but I am going to miss this country, this uni and all my new friends. At least I’ll come back .

For the time being, I have to prepare myself for a Swedish winter and a reverse culture shock. Back to the world I came from. Back to celebrate Christmas on the 24th. The way it “should” be.

All the best,

Olle

3 thoughts on “Back to Sweden Dot Com (Olle)

1. We will miss you heaps Olle! Your posts have been very informative and funny. Have a great Christmas in Sweden and please blog about your holidays as you are still an FY Blogger until the start of Semester 1, 2010.

Hopefully we will see you on back for Seconds next year.

Cheers and all the best,

Ron and the T&O Team

2. Olle,
    your posts have always been so entertaining, it’s a shame that you have to leave. Have an amazing time over the holiday season though, i can’t imagine how excited you are to see old friends and family again :).
    oh, and Christmas on the 24th – that’s crazy! Do you have Xmas Eve on the 23rd then? Or Boxing Day?