Dance Dance

“O-Week”; a week in which the “freshers” (or “freshlings”) are somewhat subjected to an initiation or rite of passage into the college to which they now firmly belong.

My O-Week was indeed no exception – I walked into my college and new home more than a little cautiously at 11 on Saturday morning, with that distinct “oh-my-God-what-have-I-got-myself-into” feeling, running through my mind. It’s been a while since I’ve felt so overwhelmed at the prospect that one decision – the decision to move into college – could have so big an impact on my life.

My nerves however, soon turned into sheer excitement as my first night of college progressed. One thing you’ve got to remember is that everyone, no matter whether they’ve moved from down the road or from overseas has to make some form of transition to college life, and because of that everyone wants to make friends and find their feet just as much as you do.

O-Week was incredible, it was filled with surprises, fun, exercise and every experience, every moment was a good one. We were told at the end of the Opening Ceremony by one of our O-Week leaders that O-Week could very well be the best week of our lives, if we threw ourselves into every moment and every opportunity, and tried to make the most of this once in a lifetime experience.

For anyone out there looking at move to college, this is the best advice that I can give you – yes you might be shit scared of what’s to come, but as soon as you move into that community, you realise just how quickly you can feel at ease with people who were complete strangers only a matter of days ago.

I don’t want to reveal anything about what happened on my O-Week, as the multitude of surprises were really what kept you on your toes, and what truly made the week one of the best of my life.

If only uni didn’t have to begin…

Speaking of which, I haven’t actually organised anything for tomorrow yet, and I’ve got dinner in 5 minutes so I can’t do it now…

Wow, the procrastination has begun already.

If you have any questions regarding specifics of what happened on my O-Week or just anything at all, feel free to comment! I can even give you guys my email address if you want it.

Till next time!