My Bourgeoise Addiction

I am two people. A broke uni student addicted to cigars and good wine. A Melbournite and a Sydney-Sider. An arts student with great aspirations. A self and an other? An existential crisis can suck the life out of you – an awareness of the absence of the proverbial rudder inside us that guides our every decision.

The only things helping me through this period of intellectual struggle are the small things – the light jazz musings of the sensational Paris Combo, the aroma of a good cigar, the aftertaste of pinot noir; habits which give an 18 year old a sense of purpose, yet ultimately are vacuous interests of little benefit. Do I continue to plod on like a Jew in the desert, or do I seek new challenges, new interests, new habits?

Old habits die hard, and life is certainly too short to drink cheap wine. A living cliché…

Paris Combo – Living Room 🙂

2 thoughts on “My Bourgeoise Addiction

1. But is good wine still good wine if you drink it every day? I like good wine, but I only get it once in a while. I reckon I wouldn’t be so serious about good wine if I had to too often.

2. An interesting point – perhaps I will slowly lose appreciation for the taste or simply lose interest however I hope this isn’t the case!