Places that are Nice (Amy)

Hello 🙂

I don’t have a whole lot to say today, since I complained enough in my last post. But! I have developed a bit of a routine, and in it are a few places on campus that I think are nice. I shall share them with you now 🙂

Frank Tate Learning Centre:

Is located next to the Eastern Precinct Student Centre and the 1888 Building. It’s a nice art deco building that’s been recently refurbished, so it looks good inside too. There are a few different rooms for different kinds of study, including one room with heaps of computers for quick access. It’s not a library, just a place to get some work done if you don’t have anything better to do 🙂 I don’t think many first years know about it, so: now you do.

Brownless Biomedical Library:

I hope I’m allowed to use it even though I don’t do Biomed. It’s been recently refurbished as well, and looks a bit like a strip club, which is fun. You can hire textbooks for Science subjects there as well, not just Biomed, and more people use it than Frank Tate, if you’re feeling lonely (off to the strip club library for some company!).

Union Lawn:

Better than South Lawn because it has more trees (for shade!) and is closer to food. And a crazy black sculpture. And no annoying stream/pond/fountain being logistically inconvenient.

Soyeah if you want somewhere to be nerdy, try these places out 🙂 This has made me realise I don’t do fun things at uni. I should go to the pub or something.

Thanks for reading!

3 thoughts on “Places that are Nice (Amy)

1. I don’t do “fun” things at Uni either, I’m more of a “go to rowden white find comic then go to systems garden in my spare time” kinda student.

Also – yeah, all of the libraries (I’m pretty sure- well, I can’t think of any exceptions) are good for using even if you don’t fit into that particular faculty. The Biomed Library is a particular fav of mine ^_^

The 1888 Building, and hanging around outside of it, is my favourite place at Uni.
    CAUSE IT IS SHO PRETTEH.

2. Frank Tate Learning Centre is AWESOME!! yeah, like you said, most first years wouldn’t really know about it…i didn’t too until my seniors decided to hold a discussion there…so yeah that was my first time there and I’m totally loving that place…it just looks and feels so cosy, clam & comfortable at night…:)

3. Frank Tate Learning Centre is AWESOME!! yeah, like you said, most first years wouldn’t really know about it…i didn’t too until my seniors decided to hold a discussion there…so yeah that was my first time there and I’m totally loving that place…it just looks and feels so cosy, clam & comfortable at night…:)