My first post. HEY!!

Hey everyone, I’m Francisco! I’m extremely excited to be a part of the UniMelb first year bloggers team and to share my first year experience with you guys! I’m 19 years old and I come all the way from Lima, Peru! I’m a Bachelor of Arts student, majoring in Psychology and Media & Communications.

Just like many of you, I arrived at Melbourne for the first time two months ago, which means I’m still learning about what it’s like to be a student here, so I hope my experience can be useful for your own first year UniMelb experience!

A little bit more about myself… My biggest interests are soccer, psychology and playing the guitar (for all you guitar nerds out there (you know who you are), I own 8 guitars and my favourite one right now is an American Standard Fender Strat!). In terms of music, my favourite artists are John Mayer and Tash Sultana, and my favourite band is Kings of Leon, however, don’t hesitate about letting me know of any other cool artists, I would love to hear about them!

Being an international student, staying at a residential college has made my transition from Lima to Melbourne incredibly smooth and fun, so if you haven’t considered living in one, I definitely recommend! I’m very happy that I made the choice of staying at a residential college, because within a week, I met so many new and amazing people, and now I get to share and spend time with them on a daily basis, which has made it easier to be so far away from home! I will make a more detailed post about colleges soon, so stay tuned for that!

We’re now on Easter break, and I can’t believe how fast time has passed since I said goodbye to my friends and family back home! I really hope you’ve been having an awesome time so far, and even if you’ve struggled at times, know that I have too, but with a positive attitude and a bit of effort, you will always figure it out and continue having the time of your life. Because uni at UniMelb WILL be the best time of your life!

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read our posts, it has been a pleasure talking to you guys! And by the way, any comments or suggestions are totally welcome. Know that this blog is for you!

Best wishes,

Francisco 🙂

One thought on “My first post. HEY!!