Researcher Connect Online (9 June – 3 July 2020)
Explore digital tools, research strategies & support across 50+ online events available to graduate and academic researchers at the University of Melbourne.
Researcher Connect Online is a program of online events run across 9 June to 3 July for University of Melbourne graduate and academic researchers, showcasing digital tools, research strategies and support services. It’s designed for researchers to:
- Learn from other researchers, librarians, digital tools experts and others on topics that will enhance their research
- Get involved and showcase their own research and methods through competitions
- Join discussions on scholarly publishing, research impact and more
- Connect with other researchers and the broader University research community.
- Open now until 27 July 2020 – Researcher Connect Digital Toolbox Poster Competition
- 9 June – Researcher Connect Online launches
- 9 – 18 June – Meet the Platforms – introducing researchers to the University’s wide range of research platforms
- 22 June – 3 July – an intensive fortnight of webinars showcasing research tools and services
- 30 June – Visualise Your Thesis Competition launches
What’s in store?
Events are being added daily, so subscribe to Researcher@Library Blog for the latest information. Here’s a taster of the events you can look forward to:
- RefMan, or Reference Management sessions on Endnote, Zotero and Mendeley to help researchers manage their research “libraries”.
- Expert searching (systematic and other reviews), scholarly publishing, engagement and research impact, collections and more sessions from University researchers, librarians and tech experts.
- Meet the Platforms and explore the diverse range of research platforms available to University researchers, from advanced microscopy to cultural informatics, and more.
- ResPitch (Research Pitch) sessions for crash courses on different research tools, their research applications and available support at the University. Run by Research Computing Services.
- Meet the Experts Drop-in sessions systematic and other reviews, scholarly publishing, reference management tools, and digital imaging.
- Competitions – Introducing the #ResConOnine Poster Competition – showcasing the digital tools and methodiologies. We launch the 2020 VisualiseYour Thesis competition, which helps grad researchers to build essential digital communication skills to effectively convey their complex research to general audiences. Great prizes to be won!
- … and more!