Celebrations (Rick)

You know your in a share house when you step on a piece of pasta. And honestly, I think my house mate is trying to spite me. The gloves will often fall in the sink and he does absolutely nothing about it. He keeps washing as if they were never there and they get all full of water. Just because he doesn’t use the gloves doesn’t mean that you leave them in there when they fall in!!!

So after my last exam I first got lunch with a friend, and we discussed how you could possibly graph the complex functions we’d just been using and started to get quite confused. We weren’t sure whether we’d had to add a parameter t and have several 3D graphs, either way it was all over the place.

I then went to a pub on Lygon street with some people I knew and a quite a few I didn’t. I sure was happy to be over exams, and enjoyed my beer. By the time I decided to drink a Guinness but had a few too many beers before to really take the taste in. (Quite a fan of the Guinness, and although they say it’s an acquired taste, I loved it straight away, must be my Irish.) I got to hear about the other side of science since everyone else there had some ecology subject, (I think it was, a life science anyway), rather then the bizarre and abstract mathematics. Definitely quite enjoyable. I’d like to work with those people some day. What I did find out though that a friend I’d made during orientation was a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend – rather interesting. Maybe similar people congregate? (well we were all science students)

On Saturday night I went to a house party for someone’s 21st who I didn’t know. I’d met one of their house mates a few weeks ago in a bar and got invited over. I found out when I got there it was supposed to be a dress up party, so they gave me some glitter covered hat which was a little too small and kept falling off. I left that party at about 3am and went to another guy’s place I’d met there, had a few more drinks and played Guitar Hero while drunk – not that easy, and I found it almost impossible to hold down the strummer and move the big metal nob thing that comes out. (That’s supposed to give you more score.) I did manage a good run of 28 notes one time though. I eventually got home at 5:40am. (All the events of this night occurred in Northcote.)

Sunday night I went to the bottle shop but couldn’t spot the Guinness in the fridge, so I got myself a Kilkenny instead. Had a few at my house and socialized with my housemates and one of their friends, then later went to a friends place (after midnight) and caught up until 3am, and stayed over at his place.

I got up around 8:30 the next morning, and intended to get a haircut that day, but by the time I got to the city I decided I had no time to get a hair cut, go back home, then meet my friends at midday as planned, so I just went straight home.

Myself and two other friends from Uni caught up for lunch in Melbourne Central and then went to Nunawading for rock climbing. I’m actually starting to feel addicted to rock climbing and am thinking of going again soon.

And finally, I got my haircut on Tuesday morning, well worth it.

Before
Before with my Kilkenny

After
After

3 thoughts on “Celebrations (Rick)

1. My old hair was going into my eyes, and I used that first picture with the beer because I didn’t have any others. (I just took the picture because of how large that glass looked and I thought it was funny.)