Confessions of a (bad) blogger [Ankita]

Correction: Bad may not be the appropriate word. But with what word (adjective more specifically) do you associate someone who hasn’t posted a single blog entry in ages (strong aussie accent on “ages”.. hehe!)

Uni 2.0: So you would think you’re going to have a better work ethic in second year, attend more lecture/tutes… more importantly be more organised. Forget more.. maybe just organised. Apparently, not. It is the end of Year 2 Sem 1 and I haven’t been this disorganised ever. I’ve come to realise that simply expecting to be ‘better’ with your Uni. work is NOT enough. There needs to be a conscious effort made to manage time, commitments and your social life. The question is how?/ Do comment! 😀

College 2.0: Definitely a better year. Last year was full of ups and downs. Coming from a different country, then trying to make friends at the same time fitting in and dealing with being homesick.. and missing home food (thats the Indian in me!) was a difficult transition. But definitely worthwhile. I can now proudly call College my home.. I have settled in and made some amazing friends.. And I’ve definitely grown as an individual in this amazing community. Also being an O-Week leader at College was awesome.. Made some new friends (freshers & seniors) and sort of rediscovered myself in the process ( I know sounds wanky! but this is how I really feel). Being in leadership positions pushes you outside your comfort zone.. Your limits (in the good-limits-way).. And makes you see yourself in a different light.. You see your strenghts and weaknesses.

Fun tip: If you’re at college and have the chance to apply for an O week leader position.. Just do it!.. Its hardwork but twice as much fun! Plus its an excellent way to get to know new people especially if you’re in big college.

Plans 2.0: Exchange! Yay! Canada! Yay! I am so excited.. I still haven’t heard about my offer yet.. And the anticipation is killing me. The plan is.. University of Toronoto, next semester… SNOW! Woooo!!

Upside: New country, new people, new culture ad heaps of new experiences. However on the downside.. I feel like I have just settled into Uni and college and have a comfort level with this country/culture.. Things are just starting to get exciting here and… I am leaving.. For 6 months only.. But still..! Its too amazing/rewarding an opportunity to waste. And also I enjoy change… Even if for a little bit.

All for now. I will post soon. Hopefully.

P.S.- I watched Russell Peters live last night! He was awesome.. Don’t know him? Woooott!! YouTube NOW!