Encourage communication (Jim)

The reason i start to dislike this blogging website is that there are pretty few interactions. It feels like me myself and i. I only talk to my fellow bloggers and 1 or 2 readers. It should be more lively. Readers should talk more, respond to the blog, exchange ideas/feelings.

YOu can post comments by signing up, but they are delayed for the check up on the content.

6 thoughts on “Encourage communication (Jim)

1. “YOu can post comments by signing up, but they are delayed for the check up on the content.” (sic)

– We prefer to call it “constrained intellectual freedom”

PXW

(Editor’s note: We call it protecting the bloggers and the aim of the blog from random spamming)

2. Hey Jim, its Sam here (seen you twice in the past week or so).
    I’ve taken your advice and signed up. I’ll probably just add a few comments here and there.

3. I definitely know that there are quite a few readers who never post. It’s just the nature of these things. Registering takes effort and puts the user out on the open. They also might feel they have nothing useful to say

4. Hey Jim, it’s Sukrit from your Torts class. I will add this site to my list of sites to visit regularly and send some traffic your way from my blog too. That should get you a few more readers.

(Editor’s note: We have many readers – about 30,000 hits a month, and that’s not all me! – but most read and don’t comment. Some readers write directly to the Transition Program to say they love reading it!)

5. I’m guessing that as Sukrit has his own blog he might also realise the passiveness of users. It’s just the nature of these things. People read, and really feel that they have nothing interesting or intelligent to say, (or being bothed to think of something along those lines) and not worth that extra effort.

I’ve been surprised how many people have realised that it’s me when they’ve read it. And I also suspect there’s people who read it I don’t know about. (I keep finding out people I do know are reading it, without me even having to tell them about it.)

6. 30,000 a month? That is rather mind-boggling.. but I agree, people should ‘participate’ more. Unfortunately it’s not really going to happen, but we can hope? Maybe I’ll make it a feature of all my new posts to put in an audience-participation section.