I want to get away…to Fly Away (Sophie)

It is so amazing how exams seems to hit you right BAM SMACK in the middle of “more important things”.

This semester has been no exception from the rule.

I am glad that I am generally the kind of person who thrives on high stress environments, because life always seems to put me on it’s worst paths during the exam period.

There is a lot on my plate right now, but I’m biting off just as much as I can chew (if not a little more), and swallowing with a glass of water and some multi-vitamins.

A little thing just happened as well….basically I just received a phone call from one of my dear old friends.

They are in the region on business….but cannot make it to Melbourne – so I’ve been offered free flights up to Sydney for a night of partying and staying at one of the best hotels in the city.
AND I CANNOT GO BECAUSE OF EXAMS.

They leave the country Sunday afternoon.

I’ve thought it all through, in every possible way and I know the realities. If I go, it will take 2 days out of my exam study and I cannot afford to miss that right now when so much relies on my results e.g. ability to find an internship position.

I just try to liken it to one of my mentor’s many stories of staying focussed to find success.
-He is a surfing addict….and he would be studying on 40 degree days for exams, in a room with no air-conditioning while his friends were out surfing the best waves available.

Now he is living my dream career.

HARD WORK PAYS OFF. *repeat* HARD WORK PAYS OFF.
I still hate how these things happen.

S.

3 thoughts on “I want to get away…to Fly Away (Sophie)

1. Phwoar, big dilemma. You couldn’t take some books with you? Or, OMG, even better: HAVE A STUDY PARTY! You can do some lines of equations, and then get high on e(conomics)!

2. LOL!!!

I love the suggestion Chris…you are tempting me to make a quick call and change my mind! = BAD.

I’m going to stick to what my brain tells me on this one though. I know I’ll regret it if I go and do badly on an exam because of it.

I know I sound like a study geek but I am really committed to acheiving what I want to acheive…(sometimes a frustrating thing).

If I go…by the time I prepare for it, pack, fly up, get no sleep ect ect…I’l l come home exhausted and there definitely will not be time for any kind of study up there. 🙁