Anybody Here? (Johanna)

Almost Christmas. Come to the Christmas department at Myer and buy things, preferrably from me.

On second thoughts, don’t. I’ve only had three shifts and I still don’t know how to use the cash registers properly.
It seems silly to use ‘Christmas’ as a descriptor, seeing as it is made up of “Christ” and “mass” – the word carries huge meaning for Christians. I’m not Christian, but I still celebrate Christmas.. not as a day of remembering the birth of someone who may or may not have been the son of God, but more as a celebration of family and friends, giving and togetherness, love and peace. So I suppose the word ‘Christmas’, as loaded as it may be, can belong to everybody, and doesn’t have to be about religion. It’s just about good things in general.

….

I think that’s all I wanted to say. I probably won’t find anything of interest to blog about until post-Christmas/New Year, so I’m wishing everybody happy holidays. Be safe, be happy!

xx Johanna

5 thoughts on “Anybody Here? (Johanna)

1. Yeah me too. we always miss each other in blog gathering.

You sound really positive. I am glad to see u are happy.
    🙂
    take care
    Jim

2. Ha! That would be a rare sight indeed. Only one of the other bloggers has actually met me in real life, and I am notorious for shying away from gatherings and other such things were I might be likely to meet people.

I’m working on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday night and Friday afternoon and night, if you are so interested in catching a glimpse of me! Look for the girl looking stressed and flustered who keeps making mistakes with the cash register, saying sorry too much and tripping over things constantly!

3. Ive met up with Jim a few times throughout the year… and even studied with him at the Baillieu Library. Studying is fun kids!