Paper planes (Ankita)

Part 1.

Another week has flown by. And soon we’ll be in Week 3. Phhhbbbbttt. Time flies.

Anyway..  Does this happen to you guys? When you’re running late for a lecture/tute/ prac somehow everything comes in the way to make you even more late?..Like today morning..

1. I got outta bed at 9:30 for a 10:00 lecture.

2. Just as I was about to hit the shower.. One of my neighbours had already occupied/reserved it by leaving her clothes inside.. (I’d like to believe that this is not allowed but I have done this twice.. So I’m not really complaining)..

3. When I thought of going back to my room I realised I had left my key inside. ( A very common happening in College.. But first time with me)

4. So I ran down (no not really..) to the reception got a spare key…

5. Came back to my room.. And my neighbour was still in the shower.

6. When I got in it was 9:46..And I realised I had to wash my hair. =)

7.  Anyway.. When I got ready to leave (when it was almost past 10 my neighbour knocked on my door same one who occupied the shower.. to ask if she could go through my balcony door to her room since she had also left her keys inside).. that caused a 5  second delay. But still delay.

8. While walking towards the Asia Centre my feet started getting wet and the Uni melb. flip-flops/slippers (as I’d like to call it.. and ‘thongs’ as most others would like) got wet and started making a squeaky noise with every step I took. And if I tried to walk any faster they would irritatingly keep slipping. Argh.

9. Finally, I didn’t end up going for my lecture (because I’d missed almost 15 mins and would miss another 5 mins by the time I got to the lecture theatre from gate 3).. And got really depressed about it (BIG confession.. I don’t think anybody else gets depressed because they’ve missed a lecture.. But I did :S 🙁 )

NOTE: I was seriousy depressed(??) till noon when I realised that I attend  the 5:00 repeat lecture. Yay!

So thats my silly story. 

—————————— 

Part 2

I’ve realised I like my other subjects (other subjects meaning.. one’s not related to my major which is Psychology) more interesting than my major related subject for eg. Psych and Bio. My other subject criminology (henceforth goign to be referred to as G2T) and Natural Environments (Nat Env.) are sooo much more interesting. No seriosuly.. I am soo lost in Bio. I don’t even know how to go about studying it.. Should I read the text? Should I re-listen to the lectures? The slides? :S .. And its not like I haven’t done Bio before… I’ve been studying Bio forever .. Why am I typing Bio with a capital B..) .. Anyway. And with Psych.. I love Psych.. Psych is my LOVE. But the lectures are a bit dry.. Maybe cause we’re doing the Neuroscience bit.. I don’t know.. I wanna learn soem real stuff in Psych. Like therapies, dysfunctions… blah blah. So the point is my non-science (kinda)-non-major-related-subjects  are much much much more fun.. And I actually feel like studying them. Maybe cause I haven’t done them before. Phhbbbbttt.. I really DON’T KNOW.

In other things I’ve noticed.. More people-wearing-trackies-in-uni and less fancy clothes compared to Week 1.  =)=). So in school you hear about kewl-uni-kids wearing kewl-comfortable-trackies to lectures… But I was  disillusionised (spelling?).. Everyone (Ok.. not everyone most people.. 85% according to me) were really well dressed. Now more and more peopel are wearing trackies. Yay to that. I think it’s only me who thinks that some people dress well to Uni. I really don’t know.  The second thing I’ve noticed.. (in me atleast) is that the-new-to-uni-excitement is dying out… And the seriosuness and anxiety(word choice?)  of stuyding/reading/catchingup/assessments slowly sinking in.The third thing… the more people I meet now.. the less and less enthusiastic they are about starting a random/friendly convo (self included). Hmm.

In discoveries…

The AirBlade at the Bailieu (spelling?)… Hahaha.. It dries your hand in like 5 seconds… I don’t know if it’s in the male toilet as well.. But gotta try using it.

Best Hot Chocolate on campus at the cafe outside the Ec&Com building.. Atleast I think so.

The Vogue at the Rowden and really comfy seats. Hmmm..

In questions/doubts…

1. Why are the disabled toilets always located next to the female toilets?  Is it a rule or something.. Cause thats how it is everywhere..   

2. If I wanna go diagonally across campus (for ex. Arts Centre to Land, food, resources building) Should I walk the perimeter of the campus or walk diagonally across?

Au revoir tout le monde.

-X-

P.S.- If you’re wondering why I named my post ‘Paper planes’ its just cause I couldn’t think of anything (quite obviously)  and I was listening to this song today. Therefore. This is lame.

2 thoughts on “Paper planes (Ankita)

1. 1. It’s a statement.
    2. Diagonally across, it’s shorter. Cut through buildings to make it shorter again (old arts has plenty of doors)

Living on campus sounds like quite the experience 🙂

2. This is nerdy, but I think it’s just as fast (and less complicated) to go around the perimeter. Unless there are buildings that have corridors running diagonally through the middle… and I can’t think of any. But if you think of your paths around/through the buildings like vectors, going around them is like component vectors in the x- and y-directions so it all adds up to the same as following the perimeter. Going around the outside means you don’t have to make decisions and there are (arguably?) fewer distractions, so it’s probably faster. But going through the centre is more fun.

… I told you it was nerdy.