Sugar high. (Candy)

Okay, so this is a tad embarrassing. Here I was, all reassuring in my last Blog Entry, making (now evidently empty) promises to keep the world posted on my uni experience. Hasn’t it been about two weeks now? So much for my ‘A-Week-in-the-Life’ idea…

…Which I guess is the perfect topic for me to address at this moment – my time management issues, and how they have affected me thus far.

Well – as for most students, the past two weeks have been all about that mad rush to finish your assignments and hand them in all polished and perfect (Hmm). Here’s a great tip for those of you who may not already be aware: DO NOT start working on your assignment the day it’s due. I know you’re a thrillseeker. I know that adrenaline rush makes your year. But I have a sneaking suspicion that such behaviour is NO GOOD for our bodies (and sanity) in the long run.

I will not delve any deeper into my own experiences here – but I’m sure you get the drift. Leaving an assignment (or four) until the day it is due is taking procrastination to a whole new level. It’s very, very twisted. Don’t do it.

So how about tute readings, I hear you ask? It’s probably a good idea to read them, considering your tute discussions are based on their content (who knew?)… and at least you’ll be able to comment on what you’ve read, so you can skip contributing opinions on the week’s lectures, which were so damn irrelevant that you spent your time playing Judge-People’s-Hairstyles-From-the-Back. But anyway.

Frankly, I’m not really sure where this Blog post is going, but I think it’s important to now address the issue of food – which we can all hold our hands and sing songs of praise over. I was on the union website the other day, going into the venues’ pages and frothing at the mouth (and most pages didn’t even offer much info at all). In America they always talk about the Freshman Fifteen – the fifteen pounds you gain in your first year of college. I didn’t think this would apply to me, but I can somehow see it slowly (or quickly) happening to me over the course of this year. Here I was thinking I was going to be losing weight with all the walking-all-over-campus bizzo, but it looks like such incidental exercise may not be able to burn off pizza and creamy mochas from Castro’s.

Ah well. There is a gym on campus. Clearly for good reason.

Can I just ask, is anyone else reeling over the fact that we are already into our SIXTH WEEK????!!!! I can’t believe it – already halfway through first semester, sheesh. Such occasions always result in the renewal of my brain cells (like clockwork), and I have the insane urge to sit down and make brand new plans for every aspect of my life. I think the one thing I need to do this week is be a bit more realistic in terms of task planning. It’s clear I’m not the most organised/responsible person around, yet I always rack up these huge To-do lists for the week that have no hope in hell of ever being completed. So this week, I’m only planning the bare essentials, and being proud of just getting them done. Feeling bogged down is so annoying, and honestly, seriously unnecessary – I’m aware of my laziness; this side of my personality has refused to fade for an insanely long time. So I think it’s time I stopped fighting it and instead worked around it. At some point I’ll work towards destroying my lazy streak, but all in good time. 🙂

Aaaaah, I have a bit more prep to do for Creative Writing and Lit…catch you all later. Hopefully sooner than usual. 😉