Week 12 Feels – Nicole

Congratulations! WE’RE FINISHED WITH SEMESTER ONE!

I hope you all had a great semester! I know I had… sort of. It was full of ups and downs, challenges here and there. But it’s okay! I held on through all those long days, and bumps on the way, and got through my day in one piece.

Week 12 was just one hectic week (10% test, bad piano lesson, assignments, intensive practises). I was basically physically exhausted, that I basically tripped almost every day. Usually, I save myself by picking up my balance, and walking it off like nothing happened… but not on my last day of uni; I basically laid on the floor thinking, “what the heck just happened?” You should’ve seen my face when I fell. My eyes said, “OH CRAP!” while all these people were looking at me thinking, “poor kiddo”. I’m still grateful that my backpack saved me from that clumsy fall. Hahahahahaha.

Here’s how I survived my semester, or my full on days (which is every day, hahahahaha):

1. I was being strong mentally 

Mental motivation is what gets through my day. For instance,

“I can’t do this. Help me, Nicole.”
“Com’mon, just one more lecture.”
“But…”
“You can do this.”
“Okay….”

You just have to push yourself to get to places, or doing things. That’s all it matters.

2. Hugs

If I hugged you like I mean it throughout my Week 12, it’s because I really needed one. I was broken in the inside, trying to get through my day. Hugs really do boost up your mental state. So hug it out guys. Hug it out. Hahahaha

3. Deep breaths

During my lesson, I took a deep breath, just because my teacher was being strict on my scales and arpeggios; I was trying so hard to concentrate on not making one single mistake. If I do make a mistake, I had to start again, and that  made me frustrated. Frustrated = needs to start again by taking a deep breath

4. Friends 

Seeing my friends was my highlight of my day. Every day when I see them, they make me smile. I’m always glad to see them.

5. Talking about problems

Talking about your issues towards your friends and family would be the best direction now. For me, I think before I say things that worries me, if I want to talk about what I’m worrying about. I try not to start off with, “I’m stressed,” because in my beliefs, it would make others ‘stressed’ too. So again, I try not to make things a big of a deal; I shift my tone around to not make it too dramatic, as I would think in my perspective.

6. Naps

Oh, they are the best. I nap on the way to uni and back. Even in my lectures… if it starts getting boring, or that it’s not relevant to me, or my exam. Hahahaha. Just make sure you keep your belongings safe and sound in your arms.

7. Caffeine 

Morning – Milk/Choc Milk/Milo
Morning Tea – Latte
Lunch – Hot Choc
Arvo Tea – Tea

Caffeine gets through my day a lot, and I rely on them. Hahahaha. They are my motivation and reward throughout my day. I use instant packets, and I top them up at the Wom*ns room, or a facility that provides a hot water facility.

8. Dancing 

When things go down, or that I need a pick me up kind of thing before practising or studying, I dance in my practise room. That’s right. I pick a song, let’s say, ‘Shake It Off’ by Taylor Swift (it’s my pick me up song, okay?) I just shake it off, and go on with whatever I need to do. Makes me glad that I live a little. Hahaha

9. Sunshine and fresh air

Sunshine awakens you apparently. So get some Vitamin D going around. 🙂
Fresh air simply refreshens your mind. 🙂

10. Organisation, commitment, determination

Organise your schedule, outfit, every thing to reduce stress for your day.
Commit to your schedule, or your day.
Be determined you can get through your day with ‘flying colours’.

11. Believing and hoping there’s an end to this

I was simply saying to myself, “you’re almost there! Hang in there!” or really taking things one at a time.

12. Exercising

Walking around campus is another thing, which reaches our NPAG (National Physical Activity Guideline), but that doesn’t mean you can leave out exercising! 30 minutes, moderate to vigorous intensity, a few times per week is what it takes to be healthy! You can ride to campus, or run or ride with a mate, what ever it takes to de stress you!

For me, I do my physio exercises with my resistance training (two to three times per week), swimming (once a week), netball (twice a week). 🙂

13. Living in the moment

I live out my life as much as I could, which means enjoying myself with what ever goes around in the present, not the past, nor the future. Just the present, the now.

14. Simply forgetting my worries, and focusing on my day

This is simply forgiving on your mistakes. Forgiving yourself is what makes you go forward. 🙂
“Forgive and forget” is what I do.

15. Alone time = replenishing yourself

It’s a way that I usually replenish myself, in order to be myself at times like these.

16. Rewarding yourself… with a cookie. 

Okay, I take that back, because I was binge eating chocolate and cookies, which was a bad idea as a reward. But it’s okay! I managed to burn it off by dancing hard last night at MSS (Music Student’s Society)’s Social. Hahahaha. It was so much fun!

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING ELSE! YOU ALL WORKED HARD FOR THIS! LET’S FINISH THE RACE TOGETHER! 😀

Music suggestion for this post? Bon Jovi – Livin’ On A Prayer

One thought on “Week 12 Feels – Nicole