Booking plane tickets back home

Hey everyone, here’s my spiel for the day. To all the international students and Australians who have to take a plane back home, DO NOT BOOK THEM UNTIL YOU KNOW YOUR EXAM SCHEDULE!!!!! I speak from experience. Not knowing that my exams would be the first three days of the exam period 🤯, I naively booked my plane tickets for the 24th of June, BUT I finished on the 7th. Now, don’t get me wrong, there are soooooo many fun activities and places to go in Melbourne, but two whole weeks is a really long time to be finding stuff to do (and also having the funds to do so). Anyways, you learn from your mistakes, so I’m not too fussed. And funnily enough, I somehow ended up playing squash at the Unimelb sports centre, so you never really know what new and exciting endeavours await you 😂

2 thoughts on “Booking plane tickets back home

1. I totally understand !! on the flip side I almost booked my ticket for a DAY after my last exam- and I still had to pack up my room & move all my stuff. Being an international student isn’t easy !!!

2. Awwww!! What are the chances of that! Hope you got home safely in the end and got to enjoy some much needed time with family and old friends.