So many places, too little time (Georgie)

Right now I am sitting in the loungeroom, in my newly bought, enormous, white dressing gown with a bunch of international students. 1st of all, I’m feeling very stupid (yet again) that I only speak english, further entrenching the idea in my head that I want to learn Spanish in the near future.

I’m sitting with a Canadian, an Australian, 2 Germans and an Italian. The big problem with this is that now I want to travel absolutly everywhere. I’ve also been hanging out with a few New Zealanders and now I have my sights set on working/travelling there next summer. AND I was talking to some Irish students that went on exchange to Melbourne and they travelled throughout the whole country, so I felt very stupid that I’d only been to the East coast, and very little of it at that. So on my list when I get home is: Perth, in fact, Western Australia, Tasmania, Uluru, cross the Nullarbor, Alice Springs, Byron and too much more! Where is the time and the money to do this?!?!

In other news, we had a buddy thing last night with Irish students and it turned out quite well – it ended up in the bar. So now, a little less isolated from actual Irish people. And, got my hair cut for only 18 euro, which I thought was a bit of a bargin.

And on a final note, the things I miss from home:

– Following Australian politics

– Cheap drinks

– Cheap everything

– My family

– My mum

– Multiculturalism

– The sun

– My friends

– My best friend

– Chats with my best friend

– Being able to say ‘Muriel’ after someone says ‘you’re terrible’

– The Australia post ads

– Castros

– Brunswick Street

And that is all for now. I’ll report back soon.