Stuff and things [nicola]

Back again with classes with all force and vigour of a new first year student and I’m really happy with life in general. Easter and the holidays were fantastically awesome and it is a little sad (just a little) to have to return to uni and be of a more disciplined nature.

Uni is really tough, I’m finding it interesting, its just…hard. Not that I was led to believe otherwise – but for someone who doesn’t actually want to be a researcher/professor ‘when they grow up’ then Melb Uni (who specifically gears their science courses/any other courses for that matter, to groom young ones into the academic world) it seems a little disillusioning if one loses site of the big picture.

Speaking of, I didn’t get into the PwC vacation program, but got through to the final round, for which I’m so greatful for! It worked out very well, because even if I had got accepted – then I wouldn’t have been able to do it, for I wish to go on exchange to McGill Uni (Canada) in Jan next year. Apparently it gets down to -30degrees…

Have been thinking a lot about picking up the ‘ol recorder again, and I do miss playing it so much! There is a subject called recorder ensemble at uni, which looks like fun – ‘cept you have to be at least AMEB gr7 standard, and I’ve absolutely NO idea how bad/good I am. Finding recorder sheet music is the tricky part – hoped that Allens music may have stocked harder pieces, but no.

hmm.. what else? oh yes – Scienceworks is about to launch their bigger-than-you-would-think exhibition on Starwars, in June, and there are already costumers and volunteers (aka: me) ready to go for press releases etc. How exciting! Do please come along and show support for the empire.

I think that is all for now..

Ciao!

One thought on “Stuff and things [nicola]

1. Hey, I just had a friend go to Canada on exchange and she loved it. I went as well (to Ireland though) and I highly recommend it! Good luck with it all.