Procrastiblogging

Because the first step is admitting you have a problem.

This blog is mostly a PSA to tell you to pick up a copy of Above Water if you see one around campus. It’s gorgeous and a good read and it made me wish I had a way with words.

So last night (instead of going back to youtube and/or making biscuits like I said to Jinghan) I went to bed with a migraine. Because I get those, apparently! And being responsible is good and stuff. Note that I’m still not used to this even though I blogged about it a million years ago (read: last month).

I’ve been feeling all good lately, and I think it’s down to being all proactive and whatnot! I even participated in a class debate despite the fact that I had a really good book I could be reading but I decided to inundate 30 or so people with my opinion instead. And I never do that.  I went and pestered a bunch of friends I haven’t seen in 3 million years (read: 3 months) to come do stuff with me. I went to the doctor and told them what was wrong and she waved her hand and gave me a vaguish description that wasn’t all that helpful but now I’m eating healthily because of my liver?

Oh there’s a tangent. My liver is sads which is weird given that I don’t drink, smoke, eat excessively, or take panadol any more than once a month. So now I’m stuck eating super duper healthily which is quite hard on a time and money budget.

And I find myself wondering, once again: is it even possible to have everything running smoothly all at once, or is that some kind of fiction invented to keep us worrying and placid until the end of days?
What I mean is, my health is crap, I’m snowed under with assignments, my future is uncertain, I’ve finally decided to be proactive about something big but I’m going to have a hard time convincing  someone to go ahead with me (vague terms, yes, but I’m not spilling any beans until I have the go-ahead… Might keep it to myself for now, might blog it… Maybe. It’s terribly exciting for me but potentially horrifying for others 😀 ), I’m on terrible terms with my parents and I’m soooo poooor.

BUT, I’m dreadfully happy lately. I’m going to blame all this doing-stuff-because-I-want-to business. I even voted at the student union elections! After ACTUALLY RESEARCHING who I was voting for!

And with that I shall get back to writing this essay because my blood pressure doesn’t like the stress of a rush job on a third year subject assignment.

2 thoughts on “Procrastiblogging

1. Oh, I should read above water, is it free like the farrago?

is it even possible to have everything running smoothly all at once, or is that some kind of fiction invented to keep us worrying and placid until the end of days? — I can’t say I have that much life experience (all of 21 years) but I get the impression that only people at the end of fairy tales have lives that run perfectly smoothly forever and ever and ever. But (at least in this life) “no one has it all together” (I read that in The Good Life by Charles Colson) though we really want it — and advertisers probably take advantage of that to sell us stuff =(

But glad to hear that you are happy despite it all ^_^ Thanks for blogging shannon~

2. Above water is indeed free! I’m thinking of picking up another copy and telling other people to read it 😀 everyone should read it!

I’m always way easier to convince into purchasing things if I think life isn’t as awesome as it should be – which is weird because buying things never helps 😛