Flying By (Rick)

I’ve been away from college for a week and a half now. Being at home is quieter and colder. I’ve been very lazy unpacking, and by the time I do it will be time to pack up again. Why don’t I? At least put my clothes in some draws so I’m not tripping over my suitcase?

These holidays seem to be going so quickly. I can’t believe that in just a few days it will be half way! I spent the first few days visiting family, (away from home), and then the rest at home re-designing my website (not finished yet) using CSS and “div”s. I’ve usually gone to see my dad each day, sometimes playing footy and usually seeing my mum both in the morning and later at night.

I got a haircut yesterday, to about half the length it was on top and much shorter sides (it’s a bit neater). Now my head’s just feelin a little cold.

Earlier today I was a training session for an event in the second semester orientation week, called “Two Minute Noodles are not Enough: A Survival Guide to Living Away from Home”, in which we will be facilitate a group of new students on dicussions on some of the issues that students can face focusing on money, food and relationships. We will have several students sitting on the same table and will have a conversation around these issues, I will be making sure the conversation is going where it should go, encouraging them to tell their opionions and ask questions and also give some of my own input as to my own experiences of starting university life.

For the rest of the holidays I hope to finish a song and get the audio track made for a film to be made for the student union’s U-Film Fest.

3 thoughts on “Flying By (Rick)

1. waaaaaaaaaah help me Rick, or someone….

OKOK so I figured since I know some people around here writing blogs I’d write something too, but I cant figure out how to post!! T___T Technology is so cruel.

Anyway, surviving on two min noodles is fine. Noodles is great stuff, dont underestimate it. I grew up on two min noodles, they’ve always been my best friend ^__^

btw, whats the name of your new song?

2. Sorry man, only us six are *approved* per se (though that’s a VERY loose word to use in my case) to write on this site… but in terms of setting up your own blog, I think Rick’s your man to talk to.