Okay…so sometimes exams are bad, And sometimes… (Sophie)

Edit: Friday morning: Something I found very inspirational to those of us struggling with current learning circumstances.

“He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart. And in our own despair, and against our will, comes Wisdom by the awful Grace of God.”
-Aeschylus

Written: Thursday night around midnight:

I came on here to write a calm post accounting some of the typical exam like scenarios faced by Uni students…you know, library atmosphere ect. ect.

But…instead.
I am faced with IMMENSE ANGER, FRUSTRATION AND JEALOUSY.

Somehow I have been living in a box the last few weeks.
My cousing in NZ suddenly comes out with online mid conversation “by the way…i’m seeing AFI next week.”

WTF?

Since when were one of my all time favourite bands, heading over this way?
I was in an intense state of shock and panic. It has been 4 years since I last saw them live….since they were last round this side of the world. They are a band I share MEMORIES WITH DAMMIT….

I google.

They are coming to Melbourne.
Omg…they are coming to Melbourne.
They are only playing one show.

THEY ARE PLAYING THE ONE AND ONLY SHOW THE NIGHT BEFORE MY LAST EXAM.

I cannot believe this. I am in a total stack of shock and anger. WHY…
Just like last year…when Kelly Clarkson played the night before my Year 12 English exam.
I cannot believe this.

And dammit…I bet people I know are going because they don’t have exams or they don’t care about going well in their exams. Dammit I feel jealousy.

To make matters worse…my cousin, my dear lovely cousin is rubbing salt in the wound – he got the tickets free.

Supposedly they’ve sold out their Melbourne show anyways….but that doesn’t really make it any better.
I am just so upset.
I was waiting waiting waiting…checking for news all the time, HOPING they would come. They pulled out of the BDO last year….

And then they finally come.
And I can’t even go.

Dammit.
That is it.
I am going to bed.

8 thoughts on “Okay…so sometimes exams are bad, And sometimes… (Sophie)

1. I’d say if it helps, AFI aren’t that good – their latest stuff is pretty cruddy, anyway – but you’ll probably kill me? Well, look at it this way: my parents completely refuse to let me go to any shows. ANY. I’ve had favourite bands come out here, my parents not allow me to go to their shows and then the bands break up, or a member dies, or something. It’s been happening for the last four years; I can’t wait until I’m 18. >_>

2. If I were you – I’d go anyway. You probably will hardly care how you went in that exam in a years time. I’m going to a folk festival this weekend, and if I didn’t go because of exams, I’d miss out every year simply because of when it is. I’m not going to really care about the outcome of my exam too much in a years time. (Provided I don’t fail.)

3. If you have an English exam that prevents you from going to Kelly Clarkson, we generally refer to that as fate giving you a gentle nudge in the right direction.

4. Jez, Kelly Clarkson does have two good songs 😛

Sophie: Next year when I turn 18 I’ll be going to EVERYTHING! *win* One of my best friends is prodding me to hurry up and turn 18, so we can go together 🙂

Check out Punchline, they’ll eat your heart and keep you off AFI forever 😉