Back Home (Rick)

After all the exams were finally over, I went to see how I would go at the U-Film Fest state final. Unfortuantely Angry Man didn’t do so well, but lost to another animation of a whole bunch of only slightly related themes, from RMIT.

After spending the first few days after exams going to music shops, looking for a bass amp, visiting family and friends, and getting my room ready, I’m now back home.

Before going home though, I finally got round to donating some blood. Every time I had an opportunity I’d developed a cold, I was even thinking I’d probably develop a cold just after, and I’d have to tell them, rendering my blood useless. For what I was doing, it was really next to nothing. In other words, I think it’s a very easy way to help someone. Soon I’d like to register as an organ donor as well.

On Friday night there was an end of year party of someone I knew from Uni, and hung around with all my best new friends from Uni at the start of the night, and forced to meet new people later in the night. (Not that being forced was bad, in many ways I was glad that I was giving myself a chance to meet some new people, no offence to the people I know well.)

Saturday we had a small picnic in the botanical gardens in Melbourne with two people from uni, and another two of their friends. As with all of these things, quite a few people who wanted to go were working. The picnic was fairly casual, and even though there was supposed to be no rain at all – there was a little bit of rain, and we kept hoping that it wasn’t going to get heavier. (If it had’ve, it would have made for quite a bad wedding which was planned where we were in the afternoon.) One we started to go home, I looked in the greenhouse. I had a huge bag that had stuff for staying overnight in Melbourne. As I left the greenhouse, I boasted to my friends “Look what I’ve got guys!”, holding up the bag. There were some other people around at the time as well, with a man looking suspiciously at me for a while. (At least that’s what my friends said, since I was so busy looking at them.)

So now I’m back at home in country Victoria, with all the baby chicks. I’m looking forward to being creatively busy – no time for video games. (Ok, just a little.)
Tommorow I’ll be going to the “Fill the ‘G'” protests with my brother and Dad, and intend to make a small sign with Johnny Howards’ head on it, reading “Public Enemy No. 1”. Should be fun.

2 thoughts on “Back Home (Rick)

1. Yay for picnics in the Botanical Gardens – I had a sushi picnic with a friend a couple of weeks ago next to a very cool pond … I think it was called the Nymph Lily Pond or something.

Oh, and well done for donating blood! Lots of people simply can’t be bothered, which is ridiculous considering how easy it is and how much it can help people. I think I’m up to about 8 donations now; unfortunately, I usually can’t donate as often as everybody else (low red blood cell count), so I’m advancing slowly!

2. We had it at Nymphaea Lily Lake, which sounds like it was probably where you went then.

I was quite surprised how easy it was, only taking about ten minutes for the actual donation.