Gelati, uni, and dreaming large

It’s the end of the uni week for me tomorrow, and boy am I feeling good.

That’s probably thanks to the 2-flavour cup of gelati* I’ve had in Lygon St. after my last class. It was there and then, while savouring that creamy goodness that I realised I like uni after all (connection..?). Anyways, this served as a treat for me for surviving my lone mid-sem for German (should I have treated myself to a bratwurst instead? meh). It’s really quite nice to take a walk in the streets near the campus… just to see what’s there. I passed by a Koko Black chocolate shop too in Lygon St., but heck, I was too broke (almost-penniless, unemployed student that I am) to even buy a dark chocolate bar. Anyways, I might have already exceeded the recommended daily intake of sugar for an adult by 1000% with that gelati, so it’s just as well that I didn’t indulge in chocolate.

Speaking of chocolate, I went to that cafe outside copland a while ago to try out that hot white chocolate but it was already packed (the cafe not the hot chocolate) after my 10am class. Is there any time in the morning where it’s not so busy? Coz I’m really curious about that hot white choc(and they have a hot dark choc too!)

Moving on, it’s only last week that I realised that “Eyeball” (that org/clubs events publication) is actually worth looking at. If it wasn’t for it, I wouldn’t have known about the Photography worshop that was on early in the week. Well… now that I think about it… I actually I saw a poster about it in Arts Centre (during one of those rare times when I actually read what’s on the walls/bulletin boards) before I saw its ad in Eyeball. Oh well. Just another case of me contradicting myself.

Oh, and I’ve read this article yesterday (while procrastinating to do some decent studying) in one landscape magazine about the need for landscape architects in Germany. I wonder if that’s true… Although since it was published circa 2006, it may no longer be applicable anymore. Anyways… I thought it was a weird coincidence coz, well, I was planning to major in Landscape Architecture or Architecture or Urban Design next year and I’m currently taking German as breadth. Ok, ok, I might be thinking too far ahead here considering that I am not even enrolled in German for next semester anymore (although I might just change that…) and that I’m not even doing so well in my Enviroments subjects(read: i don’t really know how and what i’m doing). But still…

* By the way, in what sort of circumstances do you actually use the word “gelato” instead of gelati? “Gelati” is the plural form right? How do you actually count ice cream?

2 thoughts on “Gelati, uni, and dreaming large

1. The professor’s court cafe outside copland is always fairly packed i think, cos theres virtually no standing room, but the staff are really fast, so you dont have to wait long anyway. Depends on if you’re in a rush. But yea, on the way home the other day i went to a coffee shop to get hot chocolate, opened up my wallet and realised i only had $3.05 to last me til next wednesday. I was really depressed after that, and I have a job (just that the pay kinda sucks, and I can’t fit many shifts in with uni)! I don’t like feeling like a poor uni student dammit! 😛

2. oooh, i love gelati but has, since uni started, never found the time to go and get myself a cup. though i can’t answer your gelato vs. gelati question ^_^

on the other hand, yes, do take up german and maybe you’ll be able to cash in on their shortage over there. besides, it’s Europe 😀 how can you resist?