Oweek: Reflections pt 2

1. I’m bored.
  2. I have no work… yet.

Ok… where were we? Oh right.

Day 6 (Wednesday)

Slept through quite a bit today and decided to go into town to get some things I sorely needed such as a handivac and iron and did a load of washing before heading up to the Uni.

Why a handivac I hear you ask, gentle reader?

Well, I shall impart to ye a grand secret imparted to me by my grandma… (yes I can hear you ‘Oooooooh’ing in anticipation) if the floor is clean, it makes everything else LOOK clean, even if it isn’t. Neat trick, eh?

I actually had an early night owing to the fact that I knew tomorrow would be the worst day of them all…

Day 7 (Thursday)

Two words that can bring a grown man (or woman) to his/her knees, OR fill them with ecstasy:

PUB. CRAWL.*

*Now firstly I feel I should put this out there to begin with. I am affiliated with a lot of the University’s er… ‘Fine Beverage Appreciators’ (henceforth known as the FBA) and I’ll have a few myself. But there’s a time and a place and when push comes to shove we hunker down. I think it’s perfectly fine to drink and it’s perfectly fine not to. What ISN’T fine is when it gets out of hand. So as you sit there, judging me (which, as a reader you have every right and I can’t stop you) just remember that that’s what I think, and also remember that at this stage of the year, it’s O.K. to go out, because we don’t have to work. Later on it gets a little harder to manage.

Ok back to the ‘Fine Tour of the Local Establishments’. Now after about the 4th pub it actually gets rather difficult to read a map, and the guy with the dubious hair suddenly looks effortlessly cool, so it’s always good to be in a group with people you know and who look after you. But having said that, it’s a great way to meet new people, which I did… I think. Even if you can’t remember names, it’s good to see a few familiar faces around.

Anyway a mate of mine chivalrously walked me home where I drank some water and managed to clean myself up enough to attend the college ball where I danced like crazy with my next door neighbor and awkwardly tried to make small talk whilst painfully aware that while everyone knew my name (people seem to remember me… maybe it’s the name, maybe it’s the charm…) though I still had no idea what their names were and thus spent the whole night going “hey… YOU!” and smiling the biggest smile I had in me.

By the time I got to bed I had pretty much travelled to the future and truly wished to go to bed but I managed to lock myself out after my shower (I know, and I had been doing so well!) and so had to stumble across the oval in a towel and get let in. Yeah. It’s kind of one of those things that would be hilarious if it wasn’t you.

Classy.

Day 8 (Friday)

Oweek over and I couldn’t be happier. Not that I didn’t LOVE every second of it, but MAN. I need sleep, my body has so many bruises and gashes all over it and I kind of need to detox before I get into it – not that I don’t LOVE looking like a zombie queen, but it will be nice to actually use my brain rather than trashing it (I know, BLASPHEMY!).

(By the by, the ‘zombie queen’ comment is so NOT sarcastic – imagine having your own zombie army doing your bidding… *sigh* if only…)

Also, French was moved so my timetable had an epic clash, but then Alloc8 seemed to realign itself, which worked for me. I also contacted the French dept, but by the time they replied it was sorted. The tenor of the email sent was somewhat rude considering it was them inconveniencing me, not the other way around, but meh. Stressful week all around for them I suppose, and as much as I wish I could make some stereotypical French joke I’m not sure it would be entirely tasteful, or fair.

Two major gripes with this though, which I believe are reasonable:

1. Changes were made at the END of the week and the email was sent at 3:46. Late notice much?
  2. Most people have lives OUTSIDE Uni (shock horror), including work. Not everyone is as reasonable as my work is, and even then they were angry with me for having changed my availability. During a time when everything is changing, we do kind of need SOME stability people!

So…

All in all a BUSY week. I can’t remember names and my eyes are so drooping I look permanently stoned (but I’m dreading going to sleep because it’s almost 30+ degrees in my top-floor room). But I’m loving every second of it.

So is it uphill from here? Or downhill? Guess it’s up to me…

One thought on “Oweek: Reflections pt 2

1. 30+ degrees ? Whoa ._____.

Ahhh I wish I could fit French into my subject selection. But hmm I guess Linguistics kind of makes up for it, being the study of language instead of of a language. I’m gonna see later if I can do a bit of language classes outside uni yay.