And so I gave birth…{Tom}

….metaphorically speaking of course. I’m not that much of a failure at Biol. I was in my calculus tute. when I created the concept of “arc i sin (x)”. If you don’t recognise any of that, it’s pronounced “arky-sine” and it’s guaranteed to cheer you up when you say its name out loud (I’m yet to find a mathematical use though).

Nevertheless, what’s new in the world of university. (I refuse to put question marks on rhetorical questions) Not much unfortunately. Biology continues to be an absolute monster that hides under my bed at nights and leaps out screaming to terrify me. I didn’t do it at high school. I don’t know what a cell is or a zygote or a membrane or a phospholipid or what the hell the Krebs Cycle is and why it’s also called the citric-acid-cyle. Massive amounts of frustration. My tutor’s nice though 🙂 even though she signed me up for a Biology meeting to give feedback to the course coordinator.

Since I saved this (everything above) a week ago, there are some nice new developments to discuss since. Mainly, I picked up a old, cheap (free actually) PSP and it’s replacing the iPod I never bought. Very nice. But seriously. Uni is being a bitch. All the work I ignored at the start of the year because it was too boring / not interesting is now apparently very important for things we’re being taught that are quite interesting. Such as Biology. Now I need to go learn the last 4 weeks so I can understand this (coming) week.

Moral of the story; read your textbook, it makes learning possible.

Get used to the university is a good piece of advice. You’re going to be spending a lot of time here (undergraduate, postgraduate, honours, masters)

One thought on “And so I gave birth…{Tom}

1. Excellent post title. I mean, I was somewhat disappointed when I found out you were waxing metaphorical, but it’s excellent nonetheless.