Fantasy & more study tips–crash guide to survive

I guess i am still in the fantasy land. All my expectation has somewhat failed at uni but guess the has been a lot of positives that happened too.

I am questioning my philosophy of living simply. Busy life vs simple life, i guess i can have a simple set of goals in mind but the process of achieving it will be always hard. it is impossible ot live according to the “nature” and flow with life. I always have to make choice between games/leisure and study. Of course my instinct is to hf but that that is hindered.

I am questioning the goodness in me. studying law can be a lonely business! do reading by myself before reading, in class listen and after class revise by myself. Life is dominated by reading during uni time. it can get to a pt where i feel i hate it and feel lonely and miserable.
I just have to accept the reality and live a balanced life.

Sometimes reminiscing the good times have given me hope. ie imagine the love from my family are flowing into me and i feel warm and i am hugged. (like the free hug guy) 😛

I have to move from the “imagination” that i am a “chic magnet”, my communication skill is probably too FORMAL , LOL AND ALSO I AM QUITE NAIVE because I expect the girl to know me. have to relax more.
But is it stupid to ask a girl out when i dont know if she like me already? probably is because i have failed everytime by asking them on coffee, but they said they have bf.
Perhaps i dont even need or can afford to have a gf. it is busy already, so that is the positive out of it.

ok : crash guide to surive
i think it an efficient way to study law:
prepare before class by reading a detailed powerpoint from the teacher. (check other stream)
that will give u the main pts/principles.

In class: listen
AfterClass: if still query on certain issues: go back to the reading to find out.

I tihnk it will work because the exam: hypo is time constrained: u just need the main principles.

[sorry to pay tribute to the law teachers who have taught me from last yr: mark them down because they have made class fun and care about ur learning!.
Legal theory: Connal parsley, i also went to Nilo’s class for the last 2 weeks for revisions. Legal theory is fun (teach u about the world) and hard. i went to 2 classes.
Obligation: Cooney.

This semester: Contract: Anna Chapman
Constitution: Julia Watson

JIm

check out the transcript on why be a lawyer????
http://www.mulss.com/education/masonlecture.php

2 thoughts on “Fantasy & more study tips–crash guide to survive

1. Don’t law students read their set reading together? You’ll probably have more fun reading if you’re doing it with other people and will understand it better if you talk about it a little. At least that’s from a HPS student’s perspective.

I’d also just recommend doing something new that you may have wanted to do for a long time. Look for groups around with the interest and get to know people there. It’s worth talking to everyone, including other guys. If it seems that all you’re trying to do is look for a girlfriend then it probably won’t happen. Paradoxically, my experience has been the less you try the more successful you are. I’d also recommend just being a good flirt, ask questions, follow up questions, show some interest. In fact you can make them feel good without even having to say much at all, if you can set them on a roll of talking about themselves it will make them feel good and cover our lack of ability to talk heaps. (And what ever you do, don’t just keep talking about yourself! Keep the convo centered around her, not you.) (Also no need to be weird about this stuff, if you overdo it then that might just get freaky.)