Only a month left?! [Daniel]

Well it’s been a while second year blog, so much so that I’m in third year already. And what can I say time has been well spent.

I went to Japan for 10 days with a host of people, many of which are now my friends.

I made a gingerbread house for Christmas, which I didn’t eat a bite of.

I spent New Year’s playing computer games at my friends place and falling asleep.

I went driving around Victoria with dad to see hanging rock and a host of small towns, mainly to get my driving hours up.

And I spent a small part of January at the beach (to attempt) surfing.

Yeah I know it’s more or less a boring list of events from A-Z of “I did, I did, I did,” but with each of those listed events so different from each other I’d have to spend a lot longer explaining every little detail of emotion.

As a general blanket statement I’ll say that everything was nice with varying difference, e.g. during the Japanese trip I felt a lot older than the people around me. For Christmas I felt subdued but pleasant about the celebration. For New Years I felt a tad shallow and empty, as though I had missed something really big, that or I was really nostalgic about the year. Driving with Dad felt liberating and the trip to the beach as though I were running away from something/having too much time for myself.

Looking back on all that, I’d have to say I’m feeling guilty/worried about something, the only thing I can call to mind is moving out/getting a job, which is still up in the air, but planned definitely for this upcoming Friday.

Yes even with the maybes of a job offer that may never come, I’m going to move out. The reasons are that, first of all, I’ll be able to pay for the rent (since I saved up money), and secondly I’ve wanted to be proactive about this for a long time. If I don’t go for it I’ll always be waiting until I’ve got a secure financial backing, which in this day and age doesn’t really exist. It’s more or less a do, or vegetate kind of situation, compounded by the fact that I need to move out (family wants to rent it out).

Anyway until something drastic pops up about the fate of university (or me) cya,
Daniel [Yoddeuss]