Poor.

The moment when you realise you can’t afford to buy $2 burgers from McDonalds is the moment you realise how poor you are.
Having lived only two weeks on a budget of $30, I can declare to you that I need a damned job.

Centrelink is paying me the maximum amount of both Youth Allowance and Rent Assistance, yet I cannot understand how anyone gets by on this. Even though I have a thousand dollars in the bank (which two years ago would have killed me with happiness – “WOW I’M RIIICH!!!!”) I know that after paying the rent next week, I’ll have almost nothing left. Scraps. Token figures with which I can buy milk, bread and noodles.

I really need a new bed. I have one at the moment, but it’s a cast-off from my 5 year old sister. It’s, uh, a little too small for me and I’ve been waking up sore. Sleeping on the floor is nearly preferable, or it would be, if not for the spiders (can’t afford surface spray!).

Talking to one of my (more privileged) friends about my predicament, I was met with “just ask your parents to buy you a new one!” Ugh. My parents could only afford to give me the bed I have, and how do you think I got Centrelink payments in the first place? Sure I could complain to them about it but frankly I’d rather they spent the money on food for my siblings back home.
I looked around on places like Gumtree and eBay, and although there are cheap (sometimes free!) mattresses around, all require to be picked up. And I don’t have a car, nor do I know anyone with a big enough car and free time to help me.

*twitch*

So I’m trying to write up a resume right now. Not reaaaally sure what to write but I’m googlin’. Wish I had some kind of experience in any kind of field. Hoping that I can keep away from fast-food places but who knows, after two weeks of $30-living I might be changing my tune.

Can you tell I’m a little stressed right now?