A short post, in which I feel a little resigned, before going back to writing this bloody assignment.

This post is largely going to be full of complaints about things I don’t have much control over.

3 years! Or, at least, nearly 3 years.
What will I do with myself? I thought I’d know by now.
All I really know is that I want to help people – somehow – or maybe go one better and correct lots of the absolutely rubbish psychological science floating about. But I’d need an honours year for that as far as this-here manual informs me –

— you need a 75 average for all of your third year subjects to be considered for a Psychology Honours year. Well, technically, you need better than that given that they judge by score alone.

I would love to do an honours year! But I don’t think I can get those kinds of results. It’s not for lack of trying, it’s more for lack of coping with pressure. Or, not even that, just that my body seems to be treacherous at the worst times…

I’d also love to get a job. I was looking longingly at the Student Appeal call centre job – it’s only casual – but I know that it would be death to my grades if I was to take it up, no matter how nice it would look on a resume. So I guess I’ll stick to eating rice and occasionally pestering my boyfriend for lunch money (he’s much nicer than my parents in that regard 😛 ).

Lately I’ve been bogged down with assignments and some kind of mystery ailment and migraines on top of that; ALL THE GOOD THINGS! I didn’t even know I was getting migraines all the damned time until my doctor told me off for not knowing that you didn’t need to get an aura beforehand for it to be a Real Migraine (TM).
I’ve been trying to keep my days intentionally as short as possible, I start feeling like death if I spend more than 5 hours out-and-about and frankly I have no idea what’s wrong with me. Blood (tests) will tell; unfortunately I wont get the results back until AFTER this bloody assignment is due.

FFS.

I’m going to keep nutting out some kind of future for myself.

EDIT:
PS: oh my god you people ohhh this music. If you like gorgeous music then the entire Journey OST is for youuuuuu. Here’s a taste (I picked the first song because they’re aaaall good): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfj3pAlrs4
The main theme is also particularly gorgeous. Eargasms I tell you. And study-appropriate no less (unless you’re the type to get completely distracted by beautiful things. In which case, this is not good study music at all, but you and I can both pretend).

2 thoughts on “A short post, in which I feel a little resigned, before going back to writing this bloody assignment.

1. The pleasure of running into you *twice* on campus? =)

Ah yes… those trouble some futures… mine had me in tears this weekend. Perhap

2. Oops I was half way through typing a word when I got distracted and when I was undistracted I clicked send… I guess I’ll leave it at that then.