Medley Party (Rick)

It’s been a huge week! Saturday night we had the Where the F*&^ is Medley Party. We were lucky enough to get five free drinks with our ticket which also helped to pay for the two bands we had, being ‘The Rex Wicked’ and ‘The Trojan Horns’. I hadn’t heard ‘The Rex Wicked’s music before, but found I enjoyed it heaps. I’ve also since found that it is a band my brother found through MySpace and added to his “friends”.

I did two performances of my song ‘What’s Going On?’ live ‘The Rex Wicked’, and gave it a great sound. Unfortunately I had a slight cold and their volume was very high, so it got very hard to hear what I was saying. But everyone (that spoke to me afterwards) enjoyed it. I do have videos of this, but they need captions to make any sense. But it should be noted I did just released the official video clip just yesterday.

By the time ‘The Trojan Horns’ came on, I’d had a few too many of my free drinks, and being the skinny bloke I am, was only partly aware of what was happening. (I’m fairly sure I remember it all though, unlike O-Week…) This made it hard for me to decide whether I liked this band, but I still had a good dance though. It’s rather hard to describe why this night was so great, but even after the party a few hours went just talking to people I didn’t know (former Medley residents, people’s friends, etc.) and generally having just having fun.

This week also brought the U-Film Fest. My film was screened on Tuesday night, and was quite enjoyed by my friends who got a good laugh out of it and surprised by the amount of effort I’d put into it. There were quite a few strange films, ones that made no sense, and ones that were that different they were kind of funny (in a good way). I found out my film would be screened at the Awards screening on Thursday, and couldn’t help feeling a little excited and nervous. There were probably about four films, including mine, that were really competing for the ‘Grand Fester’ award, in other words, the winning film. Finally, at the end of the night, they announced ‘Angry Man’ as the winner of the ‘Grand Fester’ award. My prize was a clapper with the details of the award painted on, and one of the new iPods which have just come out. (I haven’t actually got it yet it’s so new!) So now the film is going to the state final, and will be screening at ACMI at Federation Square. I think this will be on the 20th of October, but I must confirm this. I’ll tell you when I know and edit it appropriately here.

Also on Wednesday night I went to see some free comedy at Union House, and I mostly went to see Sammy-J, and I did notice he seemed to bring out the most laughs in people, out of the five comedians that were there.

And now I’ve had to move out of college and back home. I like home though, so much more relaxing.

6 thoughts on “Medley Party (Rick)

1. Ahh! I got one of those iPods, I got the pink one which I have been obsessing over for the last few days. It doesn’t need to be said, but have fun with it!

Pity you missed out on the Trojan Horns, they are actually really fun. Think along the lines of Cat Empire but maybe a little bit more ska. But like you said, they are incredibly good to dance to.

Glad to see you’re having so much fun! Makes me feel like I need to get out there and party a bit more…