GO GO GO! (Rick)

Hey Hey!

Did those holidays ever go so fast! I spent the first week trying to catch up on sleep, going for an all-nighter at Dark Zone Box Hill with the Young Scientists of Australia on the Wednesday. (Dark Zone is a laser tag game for those that don’t know.) Because I’m not really a day sleeper, that fact I had to wake up at almost my normal time on Friday meant it wasn’t until Sunday I felt like finally starting a huge applied maths assignment I had.

I caught up with some uni friends on the second Wednesday as to go over the maths assignment. As I was coming from my hometown, I caught the Vline train. It was a very busy day, largely due to the amount of people going to the Royal Melbourne Show. Call me boring and an old man, but I’m not really overly enthused by the show. I think it’s the large amount of cheap stuff (quality wise), overpriced rides, and just being way too much to see. The exhaustion from all the walking around all day doesn’t seem to be worth it. Also seeing the animals isn’t that thrilling when you live in the country and see them everyday. In the past, I think I’ve enjoyed the Bendigo show more than the Melbourne one, probably just because it is much smaller.

This week I had to put in assignments for Maths B and Applied Mathematics. For the maths B I spent just as much time working out answers as doing a good copy. After staying up until 2:30am in the morning finishing it off, I’ve decided for my next assignment I will do the good copy straight away, partly by trying to do a few questions in the book first so it will be easy just to go straight into doing it.

We’ve only got weeks to go until our exams, scary times. I’m lucky/unlucky enough to have all my exams early, being on the 10th, 13th and 15th. It will give me chance to work on an animation that I’d like to try out for Sony Tropfest next year. (Not expecting to get to the finals, but at least I think I have a chance.) For anyone interested, Angry Man is meant to be screening around late October or early November at the U-Film Fest state final, up against four other films from other Victorian universities.

On Thursday, when walking under a tree near the Physics Podium a bird gave me a nice small present right on top of my head… >:( !!!

4 thoughts on “GO GO GO! (Rick)

1. Very, very amused at your last sentence.

Good luck for the Angry Man screenings! Only three days for exams? Do you have two on the same day? Ah well, your timetable isn’t as bad as mine was last semester 😛

2. I’ve only got three exams, as Science, Philosophy and History does not have an exam, but a final essay.

I’m just happy it was a small present and I was able to get most of it out in the Physics Podium toilets.