stud muffin [nicola]

The title of my blog has absolutely nothing to do with the content, I just thought it was the funniest thing i’ve heard in a long time…

I’m sitting on a train at the moment (like I seem to be doing most of the time) thinking of a witty anecdotal blog. Mind blank. Seem to have a fair amount of those lately, particularly these mind blanks occur in the mid-semester tests, perfect timing. If these tests are anything to go by then I am actually failing physics at the moment. Biology is going ok, could be worse; however, over the past few weeks I have acquired enough knowledge to successfully grow cannabis. (So this is the practical aspect of science?!) Though I should take full responsibility for physics marks (or lack thereof) I am passing the buck and shall blame it on the trains, spending ~20hrs a week on them, we’re getting well acquainted.

I should stop complaining about trains, it’s not very flattering – and I’ve met people travelling down from Bendigo each day, which deserves a round of applause and possibly a trophy they get to stick on their shelf. It is amazing that there are people out there who would travel so long to get to uni (ok, so it takes them 15mins more than me!). Why would you do that? thinking about uni, I was considering changing courses/uni’s. shhh… don’t tell anyone! Perhaps changing from science to commerce @ melb (pending marks) or maybe going elsewhere, don’t get me wrong… I LOVE Melbourne uni, (phew, covered my bases) but science is not what I want to be doing right now. Anyway, it’s just a thought. And yes commerce students – hmm. What can I say? *awkward silence*

Onto other things…

Today my friend got married! What a scary thought, she is the 2nd one of us to get hitched in the past year (weddings prove great reunions), and there are a couple more engaged, probably the reason why I’m listening to Jamie Cullum on my brother’s ipod. (I lost mine in Taiwan a couple of months ago). Speaking of music, I’ve just found out that there are free Monday lunchtime concerts that happen at the Melba hall between 1-2pm. Hopefully they’re still going, should try make it to a few.

Wed is my ‘theory day’ with 4 lectures, a tutorial and a study group, (with a ballet class slotted in), and this Thurs is my ‘prac day’ with 2x 3hr labs and a tute, can’t believe the chemistry labs are still in the process of being built! I actually feel sorry for the professors (or whoever) who organise all this, we’re supposed to start this week – but it certainly doesn’t look ready!

Haha, good times.

Ciao!

One thought on “stud muffin [nicola]

1. Lunchtime concerts go on throughout the year, although they’re generally cancelled during swotvac, exams, and holidays. You can get the full listing of programs from the music faculty site. There are sometimes evening concerts too, which tend to cost money (usually not an insane amount, about $5-10).

On another note, where are you getting ballet lessons? I didn’t know the uni offered them.