Pancake shake! (Natty)

So, my first day of uni is over 🙂 lalala. It was quite a good day actually! I was expecting the introductory lectures to be pretty boring but they were actually quite good, especially ‘An Ecological History of Humanity.’ Our lecturer pointed out how we’re a generation living through two massive global issues, climate change and the economic crisis and how this would shape us as a generation. Although it was a little bit ‘run for cover’ as a topic, I’ve been absolutely fascinated all day so I’m looking forward to that class for the next 12 weeks. Woo hoo! Can you tell I’m excited lol?

Ooh my best news of the day (let me think about that for a minute… yes, I think it’s the best) is that I found a job!! I’ve been stressing out beyond belief about making ends meet and blah blah. Set up costs are way more expensive than I thought they would be, my (still amazing) Telstra line cost $299 to install ($299!!! All they had to do was flip a little switch!) and my books have been quite expensive too… not because the uni bookshop is over charging or anything (become a union member – fab discounts!) just because there’s lots of them to buy and stuff. Anyways, back to my job… I’ve been on seek.com.au every day for the past however long trying to find a job and NOTHING came up. Then, purely out of chance I strolled into Union House today and got a (provisional) job with one of the cafes just by saying hello lol. I have my first training day on Friday 🙂 The place is magic I swear haha! Next time I play the lottery I’m going to go in there and wave my ticket around for good luck!

Hmm what else today? I met up with some friends which was groovy as usual and we just lay around on the south lawn. Ooh and then I went stationary shopping with another friend in the uni bookshop – the world of highlighters is a good place to be lol. After all those happenings and $18.50 worth of stationary later I headed home where I proceeded to eat my own weight in pancakes. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?? I am left to cookor myself for three weeks and I’m ready to audition to be the next Shamu. Seriously, I try to be healthy and buy a pineapple or whatever but then get fed up trying to carve the damn thing and end up running around my kitchen shaking up a bottle of pancake mix singing that really catchy song ‘shake shake shake shake a shake yeah!’ like I’m learning some kind of Brazilian dance routine! Argh I feel so frustrated with myself! I’m sensible, I know about healthy eating, I even have those ‘ahh McCain you’ve done it again’ steam fresh veggie whatsits in my freezer, but NO I go for the pancakes every time. And then ‘biggest loser’ comes on and makes me feel pathetic.

Right, rant over. Sorry guys, that’s far too much pancake stress for one blog post. My day has been good, seriously, I am just lacking a certain element of self restraint. I guess I get bored in the evenings… note to self, join the gym. In fact I’m going to throw out all of the junk food I have and try to be good from now on… or I would if there was any junk food left, I’ve eaten it all.

Mmm I’m trying to think if there’s anything else to report on before I crash into bed.. oooh another union membership benefit… the 4th floor computer centre in Union House – they are SO friendly and don’t laugh when you ask questions which show you up to be a technical retard.. the conversation went like this:

me: hi, how do I print?

FCG (friendly computer guy) : ok, so you go into ‘file’ and the select ‘print’.

me: oh, really that easy? thanks!

Ok, I’m not that stupid, I do know how to print from a computer I just didn’t realise it was the same on a computer where like a hundred computers share one printer. SO yeah, go to the computer centre! Plus, the printing is really cheap (only 10c for black and white pp) and they even give you free staples woo hoo! Oh god, did anybody watch ‘how I met your mother’ tonight? I’m turning into a woo girl which, according to the programme, means there is a void in my life… surprising given that I’m full up to my eyes with pancakes. Haha… maybe I’m just very exciteable lol.

Right, I’m going now, I’ve gone on long enough to successfully convince you all I am extremely blonde and mentally deranged. Happy first week to everyone!!

love Natty xxx

ps. If I never write again you can all assume I died of a pancake induced overdose during the night and rest assured that I only have myself to blame 😛

2 thoughts on “Pancake shake! (Natty)

1. Free staples? Really? Is there some caveat that requires you to get printing?
    I’m a uni student, I never pass up free stuff.

2. haha in which case you’ll love the computer centre! they give you free job advice too. Suggested i apply for some vacant audio visual technician post… note i did not say they gave good advice haha.