6th April, 2011 – The fun, of Calculus 1, oh wow I made a rhyme!!! (Will)

Well isnt uni something!!! as much as i can say i love it for its atmosphere and new facinating activities such as frivolous exploring of buildings, classes seem to be really boring!!!! I’ve found that if you go to a subject that you dont enjoy then the hour lectures become sleepy time or drawing time, or some form of obstuction from attention. This is really the case for calculus 1 and biology. I really dont like these subjects at all, mostly a. because i did specialist maths in VCE so i know EVERYTHING we are doing in calculus 1 so i am just planing on not going to lectures anymore, and b. Because i despise biology, i just cant take it seriously, it just doesnt intrest me at all!!!!! i just dont find it good at all, so i think i may stick with my chemistry subjects from now on because i really like them. I love the lectures we have had, they are sooo fun.

Anyway i was taking photos of some of the artistic development i have undergone in past biology and calculus lectures and then decided it would be fun to chuck them on here. Of course we are supposed to support development at university, so i will say that whomever is reading this, this is what you are deffinatly not supposed to do in uni, pay attention in lectures and tute, dont take drugs, and go to bed early kiddies 😀 (just so you know i dont do any of these activites :L for i am writing this at 1ish in the morning and alcohol is fun, when taken responsibly :l (i dont like raging drunks, thats really anoying when enjoying a nice night on the town when some douchebag is being really annoying, grow up!!!) and the topic of this this blog is what to do in boring lectures :D.

So anyway these photos are from some lovely calculus lectures, im sure that the people next to me were really disturbed by some (these are only a select few of photos, there are many). I have come to thinking that i probably should have done wisual arts instead of science, after all art was my best subject, plus it really intrests me, damn me and my closed mindedness :(. OH ALSO, photos like kind of dodge when they are a link on this, like squashed, to see them better just click on the pictures below 🙂 they look so ugly as links :S

Well anyway, this next photo is a pretty spiral of skittles, which i created during a biology lecture in which i hated every moment of it!!! anyway i had my camera at uni so i decided to do some photo taking of my skittles, which got me some dirty looks of people but i was mostly sorrounded by sleeping whitley people which cared little if at all. haha, if you saw someone with a camera and skittles at a biology lecture, that was me.

So anyway in conclusion, uni sucks at time, especially the learning part of things you hate, but then it is wonderful when you get to do things you like, such as chemistry which is soooo fun!!!! i cant wait till second year, NO BIOLOGY!!! YAY. so prepare for really boring times people if your going to uni, but there is always a bright light at the end of the tunnel, and more room for artistic improvement. Also seriously drawing is sooo much more fun then texting people, it really gets me down when all people do is text in lectures, like serioulsy uninteresting sitting there clicking buttons, do something more fun like drawing, bring a game of monopoly if you have to and play it down the front of the thearter, that would be much more interesting haha!!!!

4 thoughts on “6th April, 2011 – The fun, of Calculus 1, oh wow I made a rhyme!!! (Will)

1. You’re really good at drawing! And I love your art with skittles, very original 😀 I wanna eat those skittles, heehee 😛

2. sorry, i already ate them :D, they were delicious haha, those pictures are nothing compared to what i can do haha, but thanks for the compliments, when anyone says that i blush haha

3. Hello there fellow science student who tends to find better things to do during lectures!
    I too did Spec Maths, did badly enough that I could juuuust squeeze into Calc 1…. I found the tutes terribly boring and easy, found the lectures like ripping out my nails slowly and way too damn easy… But I stopped going.
    …. And then I failed by like, 1 point.
    SO DON’T GET COMPLACENT. SERIOUSLY. GO TO THE LECTURES. IT MIGHT BE LIKE DYING BUT AT LEAST YOU’LL PASS. And at least you’ll have notes to study during dreaded swotvac. 😛
    come exam time i’d forgotten all the formulas… let alone how to use them. uuuugh… imagine taking calc 1 twice. (i sure couldn’t handle the notion…)
    Ah well. Pick a subject you like. Which can be hard, especially if you’re aiming for a certain major… Uuuugh bane of my existence.

ANYWAY – yep. Pick subjects you like and you find you want to study them, and you want to attend class, and you want to stay awake during them.

I have absolutely no other advice to give, other than try not to hate the subjects… you hate…

Frustrating isn’t it.