Just a quickie (Jessica)

Hello readers/other bloggers/Transition and Orientation staff/etc,

Just a quick little update before I get into an intense study session in the Ballieu library! The lovely KHo reminded me that I haven’t updated in a while, so I thought better get cracking and feel like I am contributing in some way.

As many have stated, exams are approaching fast. I definitely have to get myself into the right mindset so I can effectively study. With most of my assignments, I look at the grades and think….

Which is fine by me since I know that they haven’t been my best work! Though I have noticed an improvement in grades as each assignment passes. If I continue at this pace maybe I can get a H1 for my exams (LOL).

In terms of what has been going on with me, my life currently can be described in three words: uni, work and friends.

I’ve been working and saving lots of money since I haven’t been going out due to a soccer injury. I’d post a photo but it may be too gruesome for some of you! Nevertheless, I am still playing in the Aa Wok Competition against ASEAN (Monash) this Sunday! If you’re not doing anything you should come on down! There is boys football and soccer, and then girls soccer as well!

(the poster is huge, so here’s a link to the event for details: The Wok 2012 Aa vs. ASEAN)

On another note, I have also just applied and gone through half the process of joining the Aa Committee! Thought it would be a great chance to get involved in Uni life, and the Annual General Meeting is next Tuesday which is when I find out if I’ve made it on! It is a nerve racking process but am excited for opportunity if I do make it on! If you’re not doing anything next Tuesday 12PM – 2PM you should come down and listen to everyone’s speeches (including mine :D). Event details here: Aa 2012 AGM

Suppose I should also talk about the CSS Olympic themed River Cruise I attended last week (or was it the week before?). It was my first boat cruise and I must say, I had an amazing time! There was plently of cheap drinks, awesome costumes and not to mention the amazing view from the boat of the city! My two friends and I (Tanya and Maggie) went as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd podiums! Photo below! I would show a photo of the three of us, but I won’t lie I think I look absolutely hideous and may have been very very drunk when it was taken!

UPDATE: Photos have just been uploaded so here’s a happy snap of the night!

On another another note, I was asked by my school to come back and be involved in a enhancement session about transition from school to university life!  Thought this was a great idea since I am a part of the blog, so it will be a good chance to mention it to some future university students! Not really sure what I will say, but I know it is mostly good things! I’ll let you know how that all goes in my next blog post!

Anyway this “quickie” has turned into a long and very eventful blog post! I shall end it here and get on with my intense study session!

Until you read again,

Jessica x