I think someone must be having a party down here because I don't recognise anyone. (Victoria)

The joys me sharing a building with hundreds of strangers.
Really, living with strangers has been great so far. I’ve met so many lovely people from countries and universities I would never have had a chance to. I also had the opportunity to spend two glorious hours watching Nickelodeon yesterday.
Although, there’s this one guy who always says ‘hey Victoria’ when he sees me here or at uni and for the life of me I don’t know his name.
Through a series of coincidental meetings in lines I met up with one of my Destination Melbourne buddies and have a potential lovely group of friends. With these guys I skipped the MASS Historical Tour for our own in the city and ditched the oweek party to get down at another club. I’ve also been promised I’ll get to know all the cheap food places around. That’s gonna come in handy.
I have attended the dry parts of oweek though.g only joined two clubs, MASS and the Russian Society. To be honest, I have no previous interest in Russia but they had a funny flyer and host a Eurovision night so I handed over the cash. I have to admit, when I found out the Chocolate Lovers Society cost ten bucks I took the free chocolate and ran.
Now, to top off the week I’m decided between drinking games downstairs and watching House in my room.

Edit: I also joined the Book Club I just keep forgetting. They had cool membership cards.

5 thoughts on “I think someone must be having a party down here because I don't recognise anyone. (Victoria)

1. I nearly joined the Russian group too! They were very persuasive, almost too much so! Staying in your ‘house of strangers’ sounds like so much fun – I met a lovely girl staying in a college who seems to be having a ball too, the number of activities they had on for o week was amazing! Do you feel like you’ve settled in a bit more after your first week away from home?

2. For the record, I don’t actually live at a college, it’s unilodge for me. All the people without the hazing. I am pretty settled and have managed not to get homesick despite how emotional my daddy’s been getting.

3. Oh okay! Good to hear you’ve settled 🙂 What’s the difference between the lodge and a college?

4. Unilodge isn’t associated with any one uni so we had unimelb, rmit, deakin etc students here. It’s also miles cheaper, no moving out in holidays. But we don’t have the same facilitiees and services like gyms and tutors and the like.

5. Ah right! Maybe some diversity could be good in a sense. Do you still get cooked for and all? Or are they self-contained?