Ain't nobody do sunglasses swag like us…(Emily)

Hello everyone I hope that you all survived week 2 of semester! I don’t know about you but this was me Friday night:

Haha anyways the week for me consisted of a lot of firsts such as doing an assessed prac, attending the small grouped tutorials, trying out Egg Sake Bistro in the Underground of Union House and seeing the view from the 10th floor of the Redmond Barry building (which is absolutely spectacular by the way.)

As always pracs, like in high school, seem to have that rushed feeling especially at the climax when it’s time to hand up your work. Picture this – you’re anxiously filling out the cover sheet, looking through your microscope and trying to neatly draw that last chloroplast all whilst simultaneously listening to the demonstrator (yep that happened to me.) However unlike high school, there’s a fair amount of pre and post prac work that also needs to be done. There’s usually a specific timeframe for completion so make sure that you’re well prepared and aware of what’s required.

The tutorials were fantastic. It’s great to be able to discuss ideas and do questions in a more classroom environment as opposed to having what seems like 500 people in a single Chem lecture theatre. Speaking of Chem, I have to say that the Chemistry building has become my favourite building at uni. The modern interior is such a surprise from the older looking exterior. I didn’t really get a chance to see them while rushing to my tute but I’ll definitely be back to sus out the really cool study areas.

So you’re probably wondering when I’m going to actually start talking about sunglasses. It seems like our love for Herschel backpacks also includes wearing them. Whether it be hipster Ray Bans, mirrored aviators or oversized Pradas – at Melbourne, we wear sunglasses.

Have a great week 3!

Emily.