The Holidays [Daniel]

Herein lies the story of Daniel the last of the 2nd Year bloggers containing tales of:

(EDIT: it doesn’t actually have this stuff in it, but I’ll get to it eventually!)

Moving out

Job Hunting

Exams*

Voting

And other exciting matters which may never be reached (due to the incredible size of this post).

But now for some more dramatisation…..

I left you all in suspense an entire month ago, deep within the grasp of final assesment and a week before I began my foray into the depths of my holiday job. I rode their on my bike reaching that fortress of dread doom with a heavy step returning to what I had thought long gone since my highschool days. With a smile on the receptionists face, and a security badge labeling me, I was deep within the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Association, the VCAA. The people responsible for shackling so many to an office desk or table, for taking no small part in loosing my eyesight, for being…..

actually quite exceptionally nice. Seriously I didn’t have any of the aforementioned “horror,” of working at VCAA it’s actually one of the few places that I’ve enjoyed working at, probably due to the pleasant company of which I hope to meet again. I even brought them chocolate and biscuits one evening, that was nice.

Ahem* I mean it was deceptively nice, though through the barrier of yr 12 I was still a target of the Authority, such was my resistance. So they struck me down as a slave for their nefarious machinations,  twisting me to help them sort and number those that were once comrades, but now merely statistics.

I was their’s for the exam period, and what’s more I liked it. What horror have I become? A slave to the burrecratic machine, as soulless as the photocopiers I fed tree after tree filing an insatiable hunger for more and more scripts until both paper and toner were spent? No I broke free from the shackles of well paid office work (read the exam period ended) and once more roamed the wastes of unemployment searching for those nomadic like tribes called “employment.”

It will not be for many months that I return to that place, it’s call more alluring than the scent of spring, yet mingled with the scent of warm paper and photocopier fumes. For try as I might it’s call beckons beyond the skin, to my very soul, pulling me with such an intensity that it is only now, weeks after the employment, that I realise what I have done.
Had a welcome working holiday/exam period.

Yet that was not all that was to pass during this past month, for while shackled to that employment of suplicated duplication I was sent a message long forgottern in the mystical euphoria of VCAA. A message, pertaining an application for a scholarship to Japan. Naturally, due to the lateness of hour and dullness of wits I thought that it were mere platitudes for applying, when really (and in earnest too I must say) the message said: “You have been accepted into the scholarship program.” Well at that moment I could not contain my excitement at all and so (quite regrettably) woke the whole household in my exhubrance. Understandably they were not as enthused as I was and so it was only in the morning that my excitement had a reflection in others. As of now my trip is a little more than a week away and I am still (somewhat amusingly) filled with bouts of joy about the entire endeavour. Even though the trip is merely for a week, I hope to make the most of it and come back with some more tales of  another culture.

There was a downside (a foreseeable one though) to this sudden holiday admist the sunny summer of Melbourne. My other second job, that was to take place after exams and after my employment at VCAA, was none to pleased with the information that a weeks worth (as well as two or three days) would be gone. So they let me go to be free to myself for the next 3 weeks, so whilst I do lose the employment, I happily have free time for myself.

Anyway this is enough information to get through for now. So until later, and when I once again get my thoughts in order (read free time) adious!

Daniel [Yoddeuss]