26th March, 2011 – Assignments, Money, identity crisis', woe is me (Will)

Sooo sorry i havent been active on this blog for a while, the shame. But i have been Soooooooo full on and on and on! Assignments are starting to pile and a weekend feels now like two days where you have to work at home instead of a break haha. I have now so much i can easily forget about or overlook, like damn chemistry ILTs, that i proceded to kmart yesterday to buy a whiteboard to scratch notes of what i have to do onto :D. Finally my life is falling back into order since college life started, now i shall elaborate.

What is college life, well from what i can tell it is a hectic and full on experience, and extremely distracting!!! You may think oh wow i shall start that written assignment for biology so i can get it out of the way, so you sit down at your desk with the computer screen burning your eyes at 7PM. Then all of the sudden the phone rings, oh its Jules, yes sure i can bring my memory stick to your room and see what i think of your new fish. You are after all just up the staircase.

—-> [ ] (Juleses room)
l
l
[ ] (my room)

Wow i am now at your door, oh hello, here is the memory stick, oh wow those fish are so pretty. What is that someone has knocked on the door, Oh hello Jenny, how are you, happy birthday by the way. Whats that jules you want to to take an artsy photo of me and jenny. Okay well there you go. What is that, i now have a message from laura, me and jennys best friend. Whats that you are having a suprise cake for jenny, ill run over to jennys room right now to join in on the suprise, wow these decorations are amazing laura. Jenny is now at the door. SUPRISE cake!!!!! yay, lets eat the cake with the newly joined sam and cary. Well that was delicious now lets procede to get intoxicated and dance until 2AM on a monday morning, oh i will now go back to my room to get some sleep. The screen on my computer is still staring blankly at me with not a single word typed on that biology written assignment. How depressing.

Now that is a single and fairly un productive night at college, we have had 3 in the morning maccas runs, and then 10 minutes after that a 3:10 in the morning maccas run because we made someone else want some. It is an exprience and a half, but in amongst the almost mayhem, it is really lovely getting to live, love and learn all these people that now feel like a huge family after 5 weeks of knowing each other. Its lovely.

But it can also be very difficult if you find it hard to embrace change, because it sooo much of a full on experience you a constantly bombarded with different scenarios and theories and ideas. It has been difficult for me because i never really had soo much going on around me and now it is so dramatic. My life is starting to turn into skins literally. Its terrible especially because there has always been one thing i have never known about me which is really tricky, i am not really sure who i am yet, i feel like a shell sometimes, never knowing whats on the inside. It really becomes difficult because you dont know how to act at college, your not sure who youd fit in with. It has even made me deppressed, but last nigh a great friend of mine here told me some wise words, she said: no one knows who they are, embrace change and morph it into something beautiful instead of horrific. That may sound really emo or whatever but living at college really plays with your head because your never sure who to be, but you want to be someone so everyone else knows who you are and what you can do.

Sorry for this sad and slightly boring entry but if someone is feeling overwhelmed, just dont worry, you can be or do what you want around new people because they have no idea what your doing, just like you.

Oh and i fell of a wall last night into someones front lawn last night, sober. Hint never walk backwards on a wall. It will end badly!!!

4 thoughts on “26th March, 2011 – Assignments, Money, identity crisis', woe is me (Will)

1. Oh my god, that sounds absolutely exhausting! Fun but exhausting 😛 Your anecdote made me laugh, friends are so distracting like that! Hope you’re not too sore from your fall off the wall!

2. dont worry i really am hurting, my right knee cap has like swollen and bruised, it was actually worth the slurppie we were getting from 7-11 tho!! oh yes i left that part of the story out 😀

3. yeah…assignments have really been pilling up for me too…thank god i’m done with mine…yipeee! you’ll be done with yours soon! 🙂