ELECTIONS!

This week at university we had student elections, which were excellent in displaying the power of pamphlet tagging. And while you can despise each particular person for intruding on your day and accosting you every time you go to Union house or the Baillieu (I hate spelling that), you have to admire their determination to at the very least to inspire you to vote.

So I voted, which was fun. Not just because of the accosting but because the efforts of the Student Union (Which I Like) deserve to continue, and while its easy to say “it doesn’t matter who I vote for,” the parties are different enough in policy to warrant a change of direction in the Student Union. Not a big one, but enough to make university a nicer place. So hopefully if you are reading this at the time of writing you’ll make an effort to vote.

And if you have no idea of the policies of each party grab a copy of Farrago (they have an election edition) research it (or bring it into the ballot box) and make an informed decision. Alternatively you can find some pamphlet peoples and dispute each policy thrown at you….Although that could take all day and as it is you’ve only got … really 4 more hours till the end of the voting week.

So vote! Please!

Now what else has been happening…

I have…. also realized I need another job, so I’ve been job hunting away. So far nothing exciting happening there. *Sniff* no replies.

I’ve also! been playing the guitar (Yay, g, f ,e ,d, d, e, f, g very extreme!). Even though I’m playing it very very slowly, its been pretty relaxing and chill inducing after coming home from university.

I’ve had a crisis of educational faith in my decision to do Japanese because I’m not a great achiever but rather a clinging on precariously achiever. Which is irritating to say the least, I mean I’m here at university to learn. Yet with Jap it feels like I’m bludging along instead of improving upon it, EVEN THOUGH (As an arts student in particular) I STUDY FOR IT. Comparing it to my efforts on the guitar, its like I’m strumming all the strings but I can’t tell if there’s even sound coming out.

Huff* but that’s all just personal woes. I’ll keep it up because I enjoy it, but whats the use of it if my efforts seemingly have no effect on it.

OK MOVING ALONG.

Nothing else seems have happened. Well that’s a bit of a lie.

The fact is that at the time of writing this post I’ve lost the desire to grab the attention of you readers. Case in point, I can only use so many !’s to grab your attention. SO, so, so, so that’ll be all for this weekly (or fortnightly) post about Melbourne University.

I’ll entice some more!! Next time!

One thought on “ELECTIONS!

1. Hi Yoddeuss/Daniel,

I feel exactly the same about my Japanese studies… Don’t get me wrong, the lecturer and tutors are great but I guess I was expecting to be pushed along much more lol.

It’s actually kinda killed off some of my former enthusiasm for majoring in Japanese. But oh well… I’ve got until 2nd semester next year to decide on major vs. minor. And I’m also really unsure about going on exchange to Japan next year… Any advice?

Thanks and good luck for exams!